Passed Idea ~ Oceanic Forts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I don't like it.
It would make the best alliance even better

Not necessarily... It would force tension between top alliances that operate in the same proximity, and therefore result in war that would damage both alliances.

DeletedUser

I like the idea would make more of a fight and more reason to boss the oceans. + rep

Down Sides to it are-
1. Little alliances on the rim can gain great benifits
2. Big Alliances can colonize on the rim, build large warehouses and take forts to make them super strong

I suggest forts only for the 4 original starting oceans, this will push best players to the centre of the map so there would be more fighting and less spread of the large players!

DeletedUser

Hmm, one of my previous suggestions was that Forts would only benefit cities in that Ocean.

Would that be a positive improvement?

It would reduce the likelyhood of strong alliances just taking over other Oceans, from other Oceans without actually dominating them.

DeletedUser

Inno should have done this fort idea instead of the wonders. same principal as wonders but it would lean the game more towards military campaigns instead of this wonder race. If an alliance could build four of the however many forts they decide to have they would be winners just like wonders. There are many famous keeps and castles the game could use. each with its pros and cons.. Best of all it would add new stredigies in attacking and defending something wonders has done little for.

DeletedUser26545

No never. It's just making the strong alliances/people stronger. The idea of making ocean dominance is a nice idea, but this definitely is not the way to do it. Also, some people would be closer to it than others. If the fort is in the center of the ocean, then the people on the edges and a fair amount inward still probably couldn't reach with without a stepping stone city.

Overall, terrible idea.

I agree... terrible idea

DeletedUser

I believe something was mentioned about trolling without critism. Kanga's point was raised and addressed.

There will be a time limit before the Forts are introduced, this would allow Alliances to dominate Oceans naturally. Also please note Forts only influence cities within that Ocean, not outside.

DeletedUser

I like the idea of an Ocean focus. But I am not sure we need more sim structures in the game, the World Wonders are too much already imho. I hate all this resource pumping. First the villages and now World Wonders and you want more?

If you had to hold let's say the 20 cities on the island to control the fort then it might be more interesting. And the fort should really only provide minimal advantages like somewhere between +3 and +5% for Favour, Production or Offence (a choice perhaps) to the holding alliances cities in that Ocean to stop it being the ring that binds. You may add a nice bonus like you can store 75K (or so) of any resource there available to any alliance member that would be lost (looted?) if a city was taken.

To start with it could effectively have ghost cities that have a decent mix of defensive troops (for example 100BR, 50FS, 800SW, 500AR, 200HP and 50CH) so they take some conquering especially early in the game to prevent it just being a simple early bird gets the worm scenario.

That way it makes sense for other alliances to try to prevent one alliance from holding the entire island and gives it some meaning but not some overwhelming superiority.

So in brief I like the idea but not the application.

DeletedUser

I agree with Juxta, instead of resource pumping, it should be the alliance to beat the defense of the Oceanic Fort first.

The Fort rebuilts troops fast, and needs active teamwork to take it down.

DeletedUser

I like it, I suggested something like that in Golden Island, seeing as people were saying it would be unfair and hard to get to if it were in the middle so one in the middle of every OCEAN would be nice, so it applies to this also.

DeletedUser

The difference with this idea is that with Golden Islands only the players on that Island are benefitted, and so the players nearest to the island have the greatest benefit.

However with Oceanic Fronts, it is done by Alliance. If the Alliance is dominant in the Ocean, they need to control the center of the Ocean and so the dominant alliance in the Ocean have the greatest chance of holding the Fort. As the Alliance as a whole benefits from the Conquering of the Fort, there is a less of an issue regarding the placement of the Fort as long as it is roughly central.

The theory is, that to be dominant in an Ocean you must display a dominant force in the center of the Ocean, that is a theory tied into the concepts of this idea.

DeletedUser

Any how I still like it, I'm saying I like the idea of one every ocean better than just one in the center.

DeletedUser30288

Over all I like this idea, but I think instead of having one in the center that is really hard to control I think You should have 5, still fairly hard to conquer, of them placed randomly around the ocean and an alliance controling 3 or more gains the advantage that way it removes the closer to the center problem and the aliance has to control more of the ocean. I also think it should have its own island. Thank you for reading my comment and I really do like this idea. Also are you able to take control from another alliance?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

That's an interesting original add on.

I would like other people's opinions on that. So people what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.