Passed Naming of Islands/Island Groups

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 13 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

We are only giving a name to the islands/island groups, and allowing you to appoint leaders. Many alliances do this already, and this will just streamline the process.

DeletedUser

The point of this idea is

The point of this idea is to improve administration within alliances:) When alliances have reached beyond several nearby islands, it will be hard for the alliance to administer the alliance except at the ocean level. This will make administration more localized and effective.

DeletedUser

Pen Island I
Pen Island II
etc.

I dunno I think it would be okay, but I can't see it as necessarily a cool enough idea to justify the work needed to implement...

DeletedUser

Idea has pros and cons for sure.
I just want to say it would also make the game a bit more realistic with the naming of islands, we always have named islands not just built a city on the island and that was it.
The generated names idea seems good or it could just be numbers like the oceans.

DeletedUser

Abused? The only people seeing it are the alliance that gave the name, and there will be a swearword filter for the names as well.

DeletedUser

Nah, I would say no, it actually in a sense is complicating things more than it is helping, as most alliances (large ones) set specific leaders for a whole ocean as in Ocean 51 Leader or Ocean 62 General, and so on. Now What i would like to see is kinda a territory thing, Sorta where when you click on the map and then go to fullscreen map it has a spefic color of your alliance's choice, to show were your alliance is found and the color would surround islands and stretch the ocean and surround other islands there i actually a more specific idea of this in the ideas forum

DeletedUser

However, even if you organize by ocean, some of the larger alliances may be consolidated into one ocean. I just checked Grepomaps, and searched up a large alliance called Pure Carnage. They have their core in a single ocean, and have colonies on the rim of that ocean and have some jutting out into the surrounding ones. However these are usually contained in several small clusters across the ocean and a full-ocean leader would not be able to easily coordinate.

Look at this alliance map. It will show you what I mean. This is a large alliance.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The island where I started playing three months ago had already a name. It is called "en1.327|746". Every other island has a similar name (with the conventional form: world.abscissa|ordinate)

DeletedUser

The island where I started playing three months ago had already a name. It is called "en1.327|746". Every other island has a similar name (with the conventional form: world.abscissa|ordinate)

This is just building on that idea, allowing alliances to set their own names for island groups.:)

DeletedUser

I think we really should just drop idea it really isn't that big of a thing to implement and it seems most alliances have gotten along fine without it. If you can't run an alliance without it then obviously u aren't a very good leader.

DeletedUser

I don't have any problems running my alliance. I just think that this would make coordination easier.

DeletedUser

I think we really should just drop idea it really isn't that big of a thing to implement and it seems most alliances have gotten along fine without it. If you can't run an alliance without it then obviously u aren't a very good leader.

Please leave these minor personal attacks out of this discussion. It is childish and does not benifit either side in favor of this motion or not.

DeletedUser

Sorry I didn't mean it as a personal attack I was talking more in general. And I was just trying to explain that it wasn't needed for the fact that so many alliances can run pretty smoothly, while some fail at running an alliance like the creators intended.
This idea might seem helpful early on when your alliance is based solely in one ocean and is very thinly spread, but it gets a little more pointless once you expand more and have complete dominance over your ocean.

DeletedUser

Even though i'm a beginner I would like to give my opinion.

To me games are about fun, the goal in Grepolis is for alot of players nothing more than ranking up or ranking their alliance up.

A name system for islands doesn't really needs a use to it in my opinion. It's about the fun it gives. Owning Islands exerts your dominance towards others. Even wars could be fought over the names of Islands. Some people maybe wouldn't mix into that, but others would maybe.

Of course this would only work in a global naming system, not an alliance specific system.

Status
Not open for further replies.