Pre-World Carystus Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser55242

Perfect timing for this world because I am doing one final suicide attack on a top-20 player on Byblyos tonight and that would be the end of my existence on that world.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Perfect timing for this world because I am doing one final suicide attack on a top-20 player on Byblyos tonight and that would be the end of my existence on that world.

ahhh it seems so many PN/LN planning to quit that world, shame they WERE kicking Savage ;)
if you are not there i am sorry and would like to know where you are :)

DeletedUser55208

please tell me a link to the topic of a change in morale, which would be more detailed, I can not find on the forum
smiley_emoticons_confusednew.gif

DeletedUser46395

Anyway I do not think that is fair that I have to pay for that I am more experienced and active player, because some noob have a bonus against me. Morale is not fair game any more. Every one have same chances in start of world. If someone can not use his chances, that is his own fault. When I was beginner, I watched and learned, and I had no any morale bonus.
Good bye grepolis.

Hmmm, I think truly good players welcome morale for the additional challenge and for actually making it fairer; it's the less good players with no confidence in their own abilities, plus those who just wish to buy success who don't like morale.

Raydium88

Strategos
Non-morale worlds have been the most attractive servers for the highly competitive players and teams you'd be facing. Morale does not need defending as it is a noble concept on its own. But implying non-morale players are inferior to others as a whole, just comes across as rather insulting single-minded excuse.

Yet if Inno wants to make it predominant across all servers for all markers, what choice have we been given? I guess beggars can't be choosers.

DeletedUser55208

I think that morale is not quite the right move. If you want to protect new players who have a few days to start, you can also do morale, for a certain time, for the first month, or 2 months, after which all players will be deprived of superiority in the form of morale.

DeletedUser21625

I think that morale is not quite the right move. If you want to protect new players who have a few days to start, you can also do morale, for a certain time, for the first month, or 2 months, after which all players will be deprived of superiority in the form of morale.

i've seen this proposed before and i agree that it would be more in keeping with the stated objective, of helping new players stick around for enough time to learn the game.

I dont see anybody disagreeing with that.

The way grepo has evolved, is for experienced alliances to buddy-up and the only 'food' that is left is the loners and newbies. That's a major deterrent for new people right there, and it is reasonable to put something into play that gives them a fighting chance.

(alliance cuddle-fests are a whole other discussion)

DeletedUser21560

I've yet to find a really good player who objects to morale. Lots of lesser ones do - in fact it's normally a good guide of who is a really good player, and who isn't.

I guess you do not know what you are talking about. Because when i have played the game right and am 30+ cities and someone with 5 cities colonizes next to me and attacks me day and night to get a reaction. It is very unfair for me. I can choose to spend 20 cities worth of offense on taking his one city or i can choose to live with his harrasment.

The Morale is a good thought, but is not working like it should. There should be implemented a rule that dismisses morale once the smaller player attacks the bigger. That way if you want to fight you can simply attack the bigger player, if not, you do not attack the player.

DeletedUser41523

I'm pretty in different to morale. But I would say revolt is better without it

DeletedUser39822

The whole concept of morale and how it is applied in this game is completely backwards in its reality. The bigger and better equipped attacker is punished because the defender is smaller, sometimes by choice? Inno should be rewarding and promoting growth but through morale they reward stagnation. Can't think of any instance in real life where low morale is rewarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.