Passed Razing Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8396

Well, I still think that's a little rough, considering. Maybe degrade the city, each building down 10 levels? Or remove the two selected buildings. (Ya know, the ones with the tower and the Devine stat, etc? I mean, having your city down to 800 points is pretty rough, and you don't even need culture to do it?

When comparing it to losing the city entirely, I dont think its that rough.

DeletedUser44027

It would completely change the game, though. Unless some restriction was in place to limit the amount of razes uou can do, like Culture Points.

DeletedUser38224

It would completely change the game, though. Unless some restriction was in place to limit the amount of razes uou can do, like Culture Points.

This idea does need to be developed some more, I wouldn't want this version to be implemented.

I think there does have to be some large amount of time implemented, such as 24+ hours, and I think there does have to be some other restrictions, i'm not sure what these should be though.

DeletedUser

no, I think to improve the idea, 5 random buildings are selected and brought down by 2 levels.
This doesn't completely put anyone out of the game but does set them back which if you are trying to buy time would be an excellent option. Also I could build tons of these in my cities and just launch it at one city and take a 10k city to 2k in a matter of minutes... This is pretty unbalanced so I'd suggest to launch one of these black death ships you would have to forfeit 1 CP when the ship lands on the enemy city as an act of martyrdom... or something of the sorts :heh:

Edit: For the abuse section, only 1 of these ships can land within 24 hours, if one lands and continues out the effect, no more can be launched at the city for 32 hours (on speed 1, 24 hours on speed 2 and 12 hours on speed 3).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31385

Razing Restrictions
If you raze someone you cant raze anyone else for a certain amount of time (Speed 1: 12 Hours, Speed 2: 6 hours, Speed 3: 4 hours), also the other thing already in my idea where the DS dies restricts the amount of people you can raze as well since it costs time and resources to rebuild them. Also note you cant clear population by attacking one of your own cities because if you do you will destroy your own city!

Also edited some other things and I put that in the original post.

Should I flip the times so speed 3 takes longer than speed 1 to give the defender an advantage or leave it (Speed 2 stays the same)?

Last edited:

DeletedUser36085

There could be a limit of how many Death Ships there can be at once per player. Maybe, one per three or five cities, with the first city being able to build one. And 1 DS per city, of course.

DeletedUser31385

Razing now takes a city down to 997 which is a pain to rebuild.

DS Amounts
1-5= 1 DS
6-10= 2 DS
11-15= 3 DS

Thats how many you may have present. Every 5 cities allows one more to be present.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

When comparing it to losing the city entirely, I dont think its that rough.

I'm not a big fan.

I think I would MUCH rather have someone take over my city than to RAZE it! You don't even understand how mad I would be. Is that the point? Anyways, if someone was to conquer my city, I would get it back, simple. Ehh..I just can't vote yes on this one. Sorry!

DeletedUser31385

The point of razing is to make your enemy suffer through having to rebuild the city.

DeletedUser44426

Razing a city is by far worse then conquering a city. If this idea is passed, then it should have some really high standards.

DeletedUser31385

Yes, it takes less time depending on speed and harbor level.

DeletedUser

what if there were to be a special world for this. Like Hyberborea, no conquest just razing

DeletedUser31385

Someone else asked the same thing, only that raze worlds would still have WWs. Once WWs start razing destroys the city instead of just crippling it, This will help relieve stress when enemies are killed.

DeletedUser36085

It can be made that if a city is on an island with a WW, the city will disappear. If the island doesn't have a WW, the city is down to basic buildings, as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.