Top 12 Sink or Swim+Discussion

DeletedUser

MartinusV 2015-12-02 19:58
Hello all

Firstly we bloods were offered to merge with NC and fight you guys 3v1. They wanted half our cities in 55 so they could launch attacks against you. To hell with that!! Who do they think they are demanding our cities that you guys spend 12 hours and 1 second fighting for. They got our decision and most favoured talks with you guys. An honoured enemy is far more respectable than any member of those other 2 alliances.

I have also spoken with nc leaders and I can assure you they are in league with each other.

So when does the OP start???

regards
MartinusV

Yeah, to hell with that!!! We're not gonna merge with anyone!!! Except our main enemies!!!

Martinus dont you realise that by coaxing most of bloods over to Eviction Notice that you have given more than 50% of your cities over to them without a fight? Why not to hell with that? Strange behavior indeed.....
Spies in alliances are manageable but spies in leader tabs. Well thats when you have a problem.

What stopped bloods from fighting on?
You fight for the entire server 'against overwhelming odds' and then you tell your team to mass migrate to the ones who have been trying to rim you all for months.
You could have kept the vast majority of those bloods cities with bloods, nobody is forcing you to join anybody, nobody is forcing you to partake in WWs. If you dont want to then say no and carry on doing your own thing. Im sure everybody would have respected that kind of resolve.
Instead you hand over 100s of cities to the ones you have all worked so hard at trying to stop taking them from you, and for practically nothing.

Thats a joke of a leader move, thats not somebody who cares about Bloods.
Just over 3 weeks until WW, no alliance would have attacked you when they are getting ready to ship res.
All you would need to do is pull together until that time and then you could have come out the other side with your head held high maintaining your image of an alliance who has succeeded to defy the critics against overwhelming odds.

Now you have sold out bloods, your players, their image and pride to your Myonia team mates at the 11th hour.
Where is the honour in that?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Now you have sold out bloods, your players, their imagine and pride to your Myonia team mates at the 11th hour.

I thought Grepolis was just a game?
You can't sell anyone/anything here.
Normally you just play it in one or another way.

Martinus and other Bloods leaders understand it, so they do what is the best for them and their players.

How can you know what would be better for them? You haven't played in the core with them.
All you've been doing is hardening your core in 065, napped/pacted with 066 and using the bottle neck in the southeast of 054 to bother EN, while Bloods had long-long-long frontline with EN.
Believe me it's not the same.

DeletedUser

I thought Grepolis was just a game?
You can't sell anyone/anything here.
Normally you just play it in one or another way.

Martinus and other Bloods leaders understand it, so they do what is the best for them and their players.

'Selling out is a common idiomatic pejorative expression for the compromising of a person's integrity, morality, authenticity, or principles in exchange for personal gain'

Am I confusing the meaning of selling out?
Where will bloods be next week, still the battle hardened critic defying alliance they have been for many months or just another Eviction Notice merge?
You cant have it both ways

If it was me I would have said FU to anybody wanting to take my cities for free and then there is just another 3 weeks of defending with over 1K cities at your disposal until things inevitably quieten down.

How can you know what would be better for them? You haven't played in the core with them.
All you've been doing is hardening your core in 065, napped/pacted with 066 and using the bottle neck in the southeast of 054 to bother EN, while Bloods had long-long-long frontline with EN.
Believe me it's not the same.

This is just a personal view on the matter btw, I dont claim to know any better but I just find it sad that people can go through the whole server fighting for their alliance, their mates and their honour. Only to hand it all over to their enemy after months of fighting them. All that hard work becomes meaningless imo.

Yes I believe you, playing core/rim all server is clearly not the same. But I have played core, rim, been in big bully alliances and small alliances getting bullied by those 5 times our size in the past. Regardless of the situation I have never felt the desire to join an enemy alliance, not once. But I guess thats just a personal thing.

Im just talking about what is best for bloods the alliance who are soon to be no more, im sure individual players have their own agenda and ideas about what is best.

DeletedUser49059

Do we really need to read all of that text above?
That was supposed to be a private conversation

The Bloods hasnt' played in any rim ocean, they played in the core, they were under attack just from everywhere.
Of course mood and spirit of their players changed time to time, as a reaction to the reality around them.

Martinus and co have fought till the end, and he refused to give up any of his players!
If you were under attack in the core with no safe zone, what would you do?

Guys did what they could, and despite the war between EN and Bloods, there were no disrespect, no dishonor.

It's going to be the Solid team.

You chastise me over a private conversation...with a guy who shares his "private conversations" with everyone on the server. A guy who says 'I love my blood family' and in the same breath says to me he's ready to go kill them.

That's not clearly NOT love of your own alliance mates- that's saving your own self and thinking about yourself first - NOT your 'blood family' as a whole.

I understand your urge to come and support him...but let's call it what it is Tiller- you coming to support him on the externals. Other parts of what you said regarding rim alliances (yes, I caught the "dig" in there)- they are true. Same thing happened to Armies in Sinope.

Had you all let this be for another 48-72 hours and let the Bloods "sit there"...don't you think you would have caught their support going in on Bloods cities? That would have been an interesting violation...and one that we were watching for with sincerity when I sent that message to your leaders. A situation like that would have changed many things. Not that we would have been here to work with you all either...but we wouldn't be obligated to help anyone. And more than likely, when a violation had occurred Bloods would have been offered the agreement back by QoQ - we wouldn't be involved at all anymore and would have been able to do our own thing.

The stage was set for this to occur by the removal of the NAP between those 2 alliances, and someone had to try to steal the show...way to go, EN (or is it BN now?)

DeletedUser42857

Love how QOQ and NC are still playing the "its everyone but us" card.

Lets face it, youve been found out.

All this talk from NC about how they arent here for wonders, dont want to repeat sinope with a mass pact and all these pretend posts about qoq and nc going to war.. now it turns out they are pacted all along, chuck in their smellysock academy, thats three, and then they tried to forcibly merge the two bloods alliances.

So lets just face facts, NC's, HG and co have been spewing a right old load of nonsense all server.

As for bloods joining EN.

This was discussed by a lot of people on skype etc beforehand, and a lot of people just felt the time was right to end the war with them. As i said previously from a personal point of view, its a wargame, but there comes a point where its unbalanced. Bloods getting hit from all three sides, by namechangers, qoq, and us just isnt cricket. Bloods have more than proved their worth against us, and it was time to end that war.

En in my mind did the right thing. Three alliances all beating up on one target isnt what the game should be about.

Funny thing is, Bloods were faced with a choice.. Merge into Namechangers (at the request of QOQ), the ally of their long term ally whos been defending them for months...

They turned that down (because of the threatening behaviour of QOQ/NC, demanding they have their cities in 55, not wanting all the players just the strong ones and wanting to eat and internalise the rest)....

And then they join their long standing enemy...

How bad, must the tandem of Qoq and NC be, and how bad must their approach, and diplomacy be, when an alliance would rather join the "enemy" than join you.

All comes down to one word....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FOUqQt3Kg0

DeletedUser42857

This is just a personal view on the matter btw, I dont claim to know any better but I just find it sad that people can go through the whole server fighting for their alliance, their mates and their honour. Only to hand it all over to their enemy after months of fighting them. All that hard work becomes meaningless imo.

Do you not think during that time relationships were not built, respect forged. I often speak to the players im fighting with by pm, we talk, we compliment each others attacks or defence, we built a mutual respect for each other. And when one is beaten we hold out the hand and we offer them friendship.

Its been no different in many worlds. There are countless times when alliances have fought for months, and when one is defeated, the remaining players join the team that defeated them. Its almost like the fabled christmas day story in WW1, the enemies meet, gifts are exchanged, songs are sung, friendships built...

Then of course theres the other kind of player, that when his alliance is faced with defeat, either goes into VM, or anger ghosts. I guess you would have found it more honourable if the whole of Bloods had just anger ghosted :D

DeletedUser42857

Now you have sold out bloods, your players, their image and pride to your Myonia team mates at the 11th hour.

They didnt sell out to anyone.

You forced their hand. QOQ demanding that they merge, threatening if they dont merge they will take their cities, and oh, even if you do merge we want all your decent cities in 55, oh and we dont want all your players.

You forced their hand, they played the cards they were dealt, you got caught all in with your trousers down.

DeletedUser

Then of course theres the other kind of player, that when his alliance is faced with defeat, either goes into VM, or anger ghosts. I guess you would have found it more honourable if the whole of Bloods had just anger ghosted :D

I dont think there is much honour in either but thinking about it, relative to joining your enemy yes I think its marginally more honourable to die on your sword than switch to your enemy.
But what happned to fighting with your alliance, through thick and thin, whatever happens? Is that lost from grepo now? Kind of sad if thats the case

Also what WW1 reference are you on about btw? the one were the Brits and Germans had a football match on christmas day and then went back to slaughtering each other on Boxing day? Strange reference if thats what you mean

They didnt sell out to anyone.

You forced their hand. QOQ demanding that they merge, threatening if they dont merge they will take their cities, and oh, even if you do merge we want all your decent cities in 55, oh and we dont want all your players.

You forced their hand, they played the cards they were dealt, you got caught all in with your trousers down.

Dim stop lying, its starting to seem compulsive

QOQ had nothing to do with it as far as I am aware.

just the bunch of fools who have fought nobodies and are now trying to influence the outcome of this world. believe me there are more players in bloods who respect an honoured enemy in EN than these clowns who would have folded months ago in 55.

Name changers and Bloods talked over a merge, it didnt happen. Just because you change the name of the people merging doesnt make what you say the truth.
QoQ had no interest in a merge with bloods regardless of what web you want to spin today.

DeletedUser42857

Dim stop lying, its starting to seem compulsive

Kindly refrain from calling people liars. I consider that a personal attack. Thank you.

Name changers and Bloods talked over a merge, it didnt happen. Just because you change the name of the people merging doesnt make what you say the truth.
QoQ had no interest in a merge with bloods regardless of what web you want to spin today.

So QOQ didnt issue an ultimatum to bloods saying merge into Namechangers or we take your cities.

Funny that, weve seen the messages.

But what happned to fighting with your alliance, through thick and thin, whatever happens? Is that lost from grepo now? Kind of sad if thats the case

Replaced by a grepo where people sim, take 1k ghosts, kill off their own troops for bp and threaten and bully.. Yippee

DeletedUser

Kindly refrain from calling people liars. I consider that a personal attack. Thank you.

I dont know you well enough to label you as a 'liar', saying that some of what you say on here is completely untrue

So QOQ didnt issue an ultimatum to bloods saying merge into Namechangers or we take your cities.

Nope

Replaced by a grepo where people sim, take 1k ghosts, kill off their own troops for bp and threaten and bully.. Yippee

Everybody plays their own game, if some people enjoy simming then whats wrong with that? Plenty of simmer in EN also.
Again, personally, not for me but you and I know that you need some good simmers aswell as fighters if you want to win worlds.

DeletedUser

Really Canby? You going to deny the fact that both QoQ/NC laid out merge ultimatums to Bloods? I've personally seen many discussions. Fess up. You guys had a plan, Bloods took a different route. Now members of both groups are calling bloods cowards and saying no such ultimatum existed? I swear the lies just keep coming from your camps. To find out that Name Changers was in bed with QoQ for quite awhile now really threw me for a curve.

DeletedUser

Really Canby? You going to deny the fact that both QoQ/NC laid out merge ultimatums to Bloods? I've personally seen many discussions. Fess up. You guys had a plan, Bloods took a different route. Now members of both groups are calling bloods cowards and saying no such ultimatum existed? I swear the lies just keep coming from your camps. I guess I can expect it from a team full of cheats, but to find out that Name Changers was in bed with QoQ for quite awhile now really threw me for a curve.

Yes, I explained literally 4 posts back.

DeletedUser21287

Herefordgrl you are such a fool lol

You came to us and pretty much demanded that we give you half our cities in 55 and for us to get rid of our smaller players/simmer. Whilst negotiating this you continued to attack our alliance that was already under heavy pressure from EN. Your grand plan of all 3 fighting EN backfired as we stuck together and showed you the door. You overreached and got your arm bitten off. Again one of the many in this seemingly hatred of EN for whatever reason (maybe because you will never equal most of them in skill). EN were the enemy at that time and had you accepted that we would not give up our smaller players and stopped attacking you may have gained yourself an ally. Too arrogant and complacent to think all in the server are out to get EN.
Once we rejected your proposal it was almost inevitable that QOQ would then switch allegiance so now you put us in a no win situation. The bloods had a survey and one of the results was to just defend against all 3 alliances (well wouldn't that be a fun 4-6 weeks). Many were in favour of the merge with you anyway but when I broke the true intentions to our alliance they saw the dark side of you and rallied against the merge. Now due to location who are fighting QOQ (EN), you are allied with QOQ and are fighting us. It again was inevitable that we form some working out with EN. Ideally we would have kept the blood name but as it was Ruth presumably who discussed joining their ranks. All we given a choice and all made their own decision. I had already discussed certain things shared with you as it benefitted bloods with EN knowing your true motive. That isn't spying and sharing that kind of intel with your soon to be new leaders is kind of important.
You accuse me of being a spy but if anybody in EN wants to put this on the table you are more than welcome. It has never been a secret with those I talk to that should bloods split I would head to EN. Kron and Praehelios have known that for months. Had I wanted to be a spy it would have been more than easy, Kron and Prae, later a few others who also asked me to join also got the same answer. Interestingly in all these messages not once did the EN guys request me to spy nor did I volunteer. You are just annoyed that your plan failed. In the best interest of the bloods this was really our only available option and I would do all the same again without hesitation.

We all have to make our own decisions in life and mine was simple. Do I join an honoured enemy or do I merge with a group of unknowns (no disrespect intended there, I really don't know any of you).

I have nothing to hide in any pm with anybody so feel free to share with whom you like. If you have more rubbish to say then meet me on the battlefield.

DeletedUser21287

MartinusV 2015-12-02 19:58
Hello all

Firstly we bloods were offered to merge with NC and fight you guys 3v1. They wanted half our cities in 55 so they could launch attacks against you. To hell with that!! Who do they think they are demanding our cities that you guys spend 12 hours and 1 second fighting for. They got our decision and most favoured talks with you guys. An honoured enemy is far more respectable than any member of those other 2 alliances.

I have also spoken with nc leaders and I can assure you they are in league with each other.

So when does the OP start???

regards
MartinusV

Yeah, to hell with that!!! We're not gonna merge with anyone!!! Except our main enemies!!!

Interesting this was posted in the EN forum therefore who leaked this?
Where does it say I or we wouldn't merge with anyone?

DeletedUser21287

Martinus dont you realise that by coaxing most of bloods over to Eviction Notice that you have given more than 50% of your cities over to them without a fight? Why not to hell with that? Strange behavior indeed.....
Spies in alliances are manageable but spies in leader tabs. Well thats when you have a problem.

What stopped bloods from fighting on?
You fight for the entire server 'against overwhelming odds' and then you tell your team to mass migrate to the ones who have been trying to rim you all for months.
You could have kept the vast majority of those bloods cities with bloods, nobody is forcing you to join anybody, nobody is forcing you to partake in WWs. If you dont want to then say no and carry on doing your own thing. Im sure everybody would have respected that kind of resolve.
Instead you hand over 100s of cities to the ones you have all worked so hard at trying to stop taking them from you, and for practically nothing.

Thats a joke of a leader move, thats not somebody who cares about Bloods.
Just over 3 weeks until WW, no alliance would have attacked you when they are getting ready to ship res.
All you would need to do is pull together until that time and then you could have come out the other side with your head held high maintaining your image of an alliance who has succeeded to defy the critics against overwhelming odds.

not really we gave all members a choice. my choice wasn't to defend which I have been doing for months. Choice of relocation into 46 or fighting with EN was everything I wanted following NC stupid proposal and QOQ leaving us out to dry.

What spies in the leadership forum? me? lol - sadly you are greatly mistaken

DeletedUser21287

Love how QOQ and NC are still playing the "its everyone but us" card.

Lets face it, youve been found out.

All this talk from NC about how they arent here for wonders, dont want to repeat sinope with a mass pact and all these pretend posts about qoq and nc going to war.. now it turns out they are pacted all along, chuck in their smellysock academy, thats three, and then they tried to forcibly merge the two bloods alliances.

So lets just face facts, NC's, HG and co have been spewing a right old load of nonsense all server.

As for bloods joining EN.

This was discussed by a lot of people on skype etc beforehand, and a lot of people just felt the time was right to end the war with them. As i said previously from a personal point of view, its a wargame, but there comes a point where its unbalanced. Bloods getting hit from all three sides, by namechangers, qoq, and us just isnt cricket. Bloods have more than proved their worth against us, and it was time to end that war.

En in my mind did the right thing. Three alliances all beating up on one target isnt what the game should be about.

Funny thing is, Bloods were faced with a choice.. Merge into Namechangers (at the request of QOQ), the ally of their long term ally whos been defending them for months...

They turned that down (because of the threatening behaviour of QOQ/NC, demanding they have their cities in 55, not wanting all the players just the strong ones and wanting to eat and internalise the rest)....

And then they join their long standing enemy...

How bad, must the tandem of Qoq and NC be, and how bad must their approach, and diplomacy be, when an alliance would rather join the "enemy" than join you.

All comes down to one word....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FOUqQt3Kg0

great point Dim