The Occupy Movement

DeletedUser

I can't find a table showing this and will update asap when i find it but over the past 50 or so years when the tax rate for bussiness' has been highest job creation was also at its highest which is in comparison to George Bush's very low tax rate and low job creation rate.

I don't pretend to hold much knowledge about economics, but I do know that correlation does not imply causation; that whole thing called the recession may be a confounding factor in your example?

The least bit of logic is fatal to all sophistries...

*head explodes*

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser340

There is no plan that will save the economy (one that would actually work, anything they do just wastes money by prolonging it), let the banks fail; That way there is no choice but to find a way out.

DeletedUser

Deleted due to only skimming though Dom's arguments

Aicy

Strategos
There is no plan that will save the economy (one that would actually work, anything they do just wastes money by prolonging it), let the banks fail; That way there is no choice but to find a way out.

Lol.

I agree with you Sereton. I have a friend who is a mechanic. They don't think when cars break they can be fixed, but instead lets the cars fail and everyone in it to die.

DeletedUser340

Lol.

I agree with you Sereton. I have a friend who is a mechanic. They don't think when cars break they can be fixed, but instead lets the cars fail and everyone in it to die.

AC, what you fail to realize is, nothing they do is going to work it's just spending what money they do have. The best they can do is prolong it, but then it will be worse in the long-tun; If they let it happen, then they will find away out due to no choice. All this sitting down in meetings with eu and crap isn't going to do anything - Not to mention the meetings cost millions to even happen which also shows how ridiculous this world has got.

Lugosi

Strategos

They're not saving it are they? I thought they forming a new one out of the good scraps of the old one. They're creating a new more successful economy which will in their opinon suceed. IMO it is flawed but tell me what plan hasn't had a flaw in at some time? This is a government, they're leading the country not each individual person. I'm sure they would take personal care and attention into each member of the public but they can't unless you want an even more failed country.

People seem to have disproportionate views of MPs like they're super humans. They're just like us and nothing more than us. How many mistakes do you make without intent in an average day? Just as many as they do, they cannot predict all effects to their actions just like us.

DeletedUser340

Actually I don't view them as super humans, I view them as the greedy money grabbing exploiting people they are.

DeletedUser

Actually I don't view them as super humans, I view them as the greedy money grabbing exploiting people they are.

I think that's a perfect example of tarnishing them all with the same brush. Just because the media latches on to the greedy money-grabbing politicians doesn't mean that every single one of them is the same.

DeletedUser340

Actually, the media is a perfect example of how biased and corrupt this world is... Note how they never broadcasted anything on Cameron selling arms to Egyps leaders to kill his own people- Note how they have not mentioned the ties between England and the gadaffi family.

Aicy

Strategos

Please.

Please stop it. I think your view is completely messed up.

You're saying that people like David Cameron and that German Chancellor are evil greedy exploiters when that's not the case... The bankers are. :p

DeletedUser340

Please.

Please stop it. I think your view is completely messed up.

You're saying that people like David Cameron and that German Chancellor are evil greedy exploiters when that's not the case... The bankers are. :p

Really? they went into lybia; What did they get out of that?

A dictator dead and therefore can't talk. An oil contract.

I think your view is completely messed up; You need to open your eyes and realize we aren't living in disney land. People of this world are out to get what they can for themselves. The idea of democracy and help everyone disappeared years ago.

I'm not disputing the fact bankers are greedy, I think the million pound bonuses at Christmas confirmed that.

DeletedUser

They're not saving it are they? I thought they forming a new one out of the good scraps of the old one. They're creating a new more successful economy which will in their opinon suceed. IMO it is flawed but tell me what plan hasn't had a flaw in at some time? This is a government, they're leading the country not each individual person. I'm sure they would take personal care and attention into each member of the public but they can't unless you want an even more failed country.

People seem to have disproportionate views of MPs like they're super humans. They're just like us and nothing more than us. How many mistakes do you make without intent in an average day? Just as many as they do, they cannot predict all effects to their actions just like us.

I would like share your enthusiasms for the government to start trying to fix the problem. But the government I see is much too currupt to take lead of the country.

The major people running the government didn't always get in because they "deserve" the position. It depends on who you are, who you know, where you are born, and how rich you are.

In other words, before we fix the economy problem, we have to fix the government first. First things first, lets properly train the police to not attack the protesters

DeletedUser18132

Just watching protest videos from San Francisco. Luckily peaceful there, only in some cities in Italy.

Lugosi

Strategos
Actually, the media is a perfect example of how biased and corrupt this world is... Note how they never broadcasted anything on Cameron selling arms to Egyps leaders to kill his own people- Note how they have not mentioned the ties between England and the gadaffi family.

Notice how they concentrate on exploiting MPs and their issues though. I bet most MPs are decent people, they must be because otherwise the media would've exploited them aswell as their colleagues. You can't brand a profession from a few headline new stories.

Obviously the government will go to War, it has been proved for centuries that government are those with war thirst not the public and that's because it's a useful tool. War creates a demand for equipment, this gets the economy going and so on. With oil applies decreasing no wonder we're using war as an excuse to get some. Countries thrive on trade so governments obviously want to increase it. If they don't secure oil then who will be the first to moan it is extortionately expensive when it becomes sparse? You. War also creates moral support for the government, obviously that has backfired in Iraq but with Libya it seems we have gone their and won so to speak. We achieved what we set out and have improved the life's of nearly a whole nation.

DeletedUser340

Notice how they concentrate on exploiting MPs and their issues though. I bet most MPs are decent people, they must be because otherwise the media would've exploited them aswell as their colleagues. You can't brand a profession from a few headline new stories.

Obviously the government will go to War, it has been proved for centuries that government are those with war thirst not the public and that's because it's a useful tool. War creates a demand for equipment, this gets the economy going and so on. With oil applies decreasing no wonder we're using war as an excuse to get some. Countries thrive on trade so governments obviously want to increase it. If they don't secure oil then who will be the first to moan it is extortionately expensive when it becomes sparse? You. War also creates moral support for the government, obviously that has backfired in Iraq but with Libya it seems we have gone their and won so to speak. We achieved what we set out and have improved the life's of nearly a whole nation.

I have no doubt that some are, but I'v been so angered by false promises and exploitation of this nation, I tend to generalize all.

I just feel they should lable it how it is; They didn't go into libia to say any lifes like I first thought. They went in there solely for oil, they don't give a crap about anyone unless they get some oil out of it.

Hey, UK and USA are going into Syria to "help the people" - I guess they'll get a nice oil contract out of it at the end.

I just think it's stupid that a government that nobody voted in can spend tax-payers money on bailing banks who were dumb enough to get into that position and makings arms deals that are again humanitarian rights; Again this makes me wonder- Any normal person would go on trial; Yet the pm wont. The way to spend the money would be improving this country- more houses, more jobs and the improving or neighborhoods... But no, arms are more important; If the government better spent their money- We wouldn't be as deep in this crap.

DeletedUser

It's not about oil, its about the dollar being the reserve currency of the world and the currency all oil is traded in. Libya was pushing an african gold standard for oil that would have made the dollar useless in africa. If Syria started pushing some serious proposal along those lines and was getting other nations to think it was a good idea the US would go and "save the people from massacre" and "fought for democracy" in a heart beat.

A year or two before the 2nd Iraq War, Saddam delinked from the dollar and traded oil with the euro, a move that profited his country in the hundreds of millions. It was the only country in the world not trading dollars for oil at the time. You know what happened next.

And a few years ago Iran created the only oil bourse that trades in currencies other than the US dollar, and you know where the propaganda machine is leading everyone to believe.

DeletedUser

It's not about oil, its about the dollar being the reserve currency of the world and the currency all oil is traded in. Libya was pushing an african gold standard for oil that would have made the dollar useless in africa. If Syria started pushing some serious proposal along those lines and was getting other nations to think it was a good idea the US would go and "save the people from massacre" and "fought for democracy" in a heart beat.

A year or two before the 2nd Iraq War, Saddam delinked from the dollar and traded oil with the euro, a move that profited his country in the hundreds of millions. It was the only country in the world not trading dollars for oil at the time. You know what happened next.

And a few years ago Iran created the only oil bourse that trades in currencies other than the US dollar, and you know where the propaganda machine is leading everyone to believe.
You seriously have got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can be like look so. Can you really be far as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s simply common sense.

DeletedUser

I dont know much about the movement as a whole (globally), i just know about Occupy Wall Street and other american cities.

It's about time the U.S population stood up against the corporate regime. Corporations have too much power as it is, with their lobbyists and what not. Not only do they control the economy, they have a considerable amount of power in the government. Why should the CEO of one corporation be allowed to use his 10000000000000000000 dollar bills to light his cigars while the average american is struggling to find a job?

Im not saying we should tax the crap out of these corporations, but limit their power in some way as apposed to just letting them do whatever they want to.

I agree with everything but corporate Tax. Tax the people, but not the corporations...the more we tax the companies, the more they take their jobs overseas.

Pretty much what he said.

And to those saying "oh hey, they earned their money, let them do whatever they want".

That is fine, they can spend their money, but at this point, they are doing so at the expense of the citizens of whatever country the corporation is from. By outsourcing, jobs that could have been used by citizens are now given to people form other countries.

Fun fact: OWS was started by Canadians :D

My knowledge on this issue is a bit limited, so sorry if i said something wrong. I didnt want to post by someone asked me to, lol :p