Top 12 Alliances

• Thread starter ArmouredHoplite
  • Start date

DeletedUser

@walnutz

I agree with you. Fighting you guys has been a lot of fun. You put up a fight where some others didnt. It's given a nice boost to my ABP ;)

DeletedUser

Thirdly, I went into VM after I resigned as leader. This was after Tom (remember him?) came under attack (should remember him cause you were one of the guys attacking him, turncoat.) and wanted to go VM since he was losing a chucnk of his cities. The reality is most players still active went in TSL went VM.

Finally, You think I should 'shut up' and 'come out of VM'. Well frankly I couldn't care less what a turncoat thinks. Getting hungry for some more easy cities? Im sure you and your scavengers in BE can wait. I simply haven't decided what im going to do with my cities. Maybe you guys can pick on another alliance like LOD2 for a while - they should be an easy target for you and your wild foxes.

As for me i'm just gonna chill and support our killer fish as he sees fit (Remember him, Piranha??)

Grasshopper

Turncoat, well I guess thats better than Brutus or having no b++ls, but really you think that I have forgotten who Tom is? well as a matter of fact I havn't, and if you and Tom would have been more open minded, things might have turned out differently for you all. As I know and have seen, Marcus was trying to get you both and others, to concede to a merger, but that was above your head and you were all too good to face the facts that BE was the better alliance. Easy cities, well ya they have been pretty easy when your top members run and hide in VM, leaving the willing and mostly small to try and defend themselves. I have no use for a coward that can only talk on the forum. I do feel bad for Tom, and the others in TSL because of your leadership and willingness to let it fall. You leave Pirrahna in charge because he is so loyal to those left, but you sit there with your cities while knowing that they are under attack, very strong words and actions from such a mighty leader. If you claim to be Ceaser (by calling me Brutus you obviously think that highly of yourself and your position) then why not fight? Again I find it odd that you can talk about BE being wild and scavengers, but yet was it not you that wanted to do the same when TMS leaders were in VM? Was it not you who also thought that being #1 defender is a proud honor to hold? Well prove that you are #1 defender. I find it rather amusing that a leader leads by talk and not example. You say you resinged as leader but yet, TSL still flies your name as leader, and TSL still looks for your return to save them from the destruction that you have caused. As for BE plans for war and such, well I guess you will never know, because you choose to dictate from skype instead of actual playing. Those that went of VM I feel sad for because their leader has led them into nothingness, no direction once again, and no ground to stand upon. TSL was great at one time, we had the power and will to take out BE, or others, but you choose to feed on the small. Even the last ops we performed before I left, it wasn't you saying take off the heads of LOD2, but rather, lets take the small and weak first, it was your members that chose to attack the leader of of LOD2 and then once you saw that TSL could take them did you decide to follow through with any sorts of action. Really I had respect for you at one time, but now I see that you are nothing but a dictator, who talks big but performs small. I do not believe that you will come out of VM, in fact it would better for you to just reset and start over, because there is a welcome mat waiting for you once you come back.

DeletedUser

What I find most interesting Grasshopper is that you ar so quick to call BE bullies, picking on the little guy etc yet you are so pround of your involvement with RE which was basically 3 alliances all in the top 6 that joined up and hit them when they were suffering from inactive players. Did you show them any mercy in their final days? or did you scavenge around to get their cities?

DeletedUser

What I find most interesting Grasshopper is that you ar so quick to call BE bullies, picking on the little guy etc yet you are so pround of your involvement with RE which was basically 3 alliances all in the top 6 that joined up and hit them when they were suffering from inactive players. Did you show them any mercy in their final days? or did you scavenge around to get their cities?

Well, we were not involved directly in the conflict with RIM per se. Yes it is true that RIM express did launch a few attacks on our border cities - and one of their players 'BS' (who was eventually banned) did try to extort resources from our small players but our main action was against their allies. During that particular conflict we were fighting off RIM's allies Behemouth and Merry Spartans as they both attacked our peacful paradise simotaniously.

I may be wrong - a grasshopper is not known for its photographic memory - but as far as I recall we didnt take any of RIM's cities.

DeletedUser

@walnutz
First off, get You numbers right. Go to the thread "Psi Wars" and look at page 1 and 2. They didn't take any as you mentioned, but calling it small wars doesn't serve it right.. crotemp got 300k DBP alone.. more than You've lot had all together at that time ^^
Secondly, the score between SF and 4tress is currently 64 vs. 25, I believe.
Third, You say the ones we took, were from idle players.. and some of the cities You took weren't? lol
We've been around longer, we just know how to keep players motivated, so they don't scramble...
It's true, we've lost cities that's been defended, happens, but I haven't been destroying Your bireme walls for fun mate ^^
Yes, the no. 1 PW left and joined 4tress. Wether that's a real loss, time will tell :)
It's nice to have a war that spans for a longer period, then we've had before. I'll give you the respect You guys should have for that part, for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

@walnutz
First off, get You numbers right. Go to the thread "Psi Wars" and look at page 1 and 2. They didn't take any as you mentioned, but calling it small wars doesn't serve it right.. crotemp got 300k DBP alone.. more than You've lot had all together at that time ^^

Secondly, the score between SF and 4tress is currently 64 vs. 25, I believe.

Third, You say the ones we took, were from idle players.. and some of the cities You took weren't? lol
We've been around longer, we just know how to keep players motivated, so they don't scramble...
It's true, we've lost cities that's been defended, happens, but I haven't been destroying Your bireme walls for fun mate ^^
Yes, the no. 1 PW left and joined 4tress. Wether that's a real loss, time will tell :)
It's nice to have a war that spans for a longer period, then we've had before. I'll give you the respect You guys should have for that part, for sure.

1st - Yeah, I remember. I believe I got quite a few DBP from defending crotemp, as well. Actually, I like crotemp. From my conversations with him, he's always been nice and reasonable. What's the point?

2nd & 3rd - I was quoting Baron's numbers for 4T black. Statistics are always subjective, anyway. Should we count Rainer as SF losing 64 cities? Should we include AoE ghosting his 50+ cities? Should we include Egil, Vonnie, and a few others who went idle?

OK, I got a few digs in there in my original post, I'll admit it :D But, the point I was trying to drive at is, things are a bit different now then they were in the past. 4T is not TUQ and not RE. This war will be long, and hard fought on both sides. I think the battles we've had so far proves that. Everyone knows SF's record. Not many people know ours. So, when we're talked about as lovers, rather than fighters, it irks me a little. I'm in black (not gold), yes, but we are one ally. And I do appreciate the last line of your post. It just didn't seem like that respect was coming through in the original critique, from Baron.

DeletedUser

Thanks baron for taking the time to update this thread. I know it’s a chore and probably long overdue since so much has changed since the last update.

No problem :)

However, I have to point out the critique of both SF/SF2 and 4T may have been slightly biased. You throw out the nice little statistic of 35 to 19, but does that stat really tell the whole story? A good portion of that 35 were undefended cities of inactive players. Hey, that’s our bad for having inactives on our roster, but when you have 120 members, some fall through the cracks. While, the 11 cities Bull2 no longer has, were all heavily and actively defended. Another thing to mention (to be fair) would be that on both sides the cities which have been taken have mainly been outlying cities, far away from the core, which are a bit harder to defend.

You are of course entitled to your opinion and thanks for your comments.

As far as inactives go both alliances have taken their fair share but a city is a city. I believe i specifically mentioned taking those cities from Bull2. As far as the whole story goes feel free to do a PnP of the war as this is just an overview of the top 12 and dont think its the appropriate place to talk about specifically what cities have been defended or not, nor do i think anyone would care.

Concerning the critique of SF2, they were ranked 3rd a couple days ago, and now are 6th. Why is that? Oh yeah, the top player in Psi decided to leave SF2 to rejoin his mates (former TBA) in 4T. Don’t you think that’s worth mentioning?
Yep correct SF2 have lost rainerli be a bugger if he was a spy though :p

About SF, you mentioned, “So far no one has been able to stand against them for long.” Well, who was the last one who didn’t last? Oh that’s right, TUQ. I remember SF took about 25 cities in a few days, and TUQ never took a single one. Kind of hard to compare previous wars SF has had to the current one, don’t you think?

You are correct TUQ did not stand up to SF mostly due to only having 6 active players but that has previously been discussed so not going into it here.

It seems 4T is holding up just fine. Who in Psi has been able to take 11 cities off SF in 48 hours? Forget 11 cities. Who has been able to take 3 cities off SF in a week? No one has come close to resisting attacks, as well as taking cities against SF/SF2, until now. Maybe that’s something that should have been included.

I agree 4TRESS has shown some good resistance but I also forget to mention the 4TRESS group has 115 members against SF's 58 so its taken you double the membership to have any impact on SF.

Having talked with several members of SF/SF2 (Godzilla, Noob, thehope, Bull2), they’ve all seemed friendly, and (I believe) are actually enjoying the game more, with some real competition this time around. An ally that won’t roll over and crumble, at the first sign of being attacked. Isn’t it times like these which make this game fun? All the rest is sim city. I know this is a forum, and like most forums it is filled with bragging and trolling, but why not be fair and mention that SF finally has a real war on its hands against a capable and determined enemy, instead of the usual pat yourself on the back and dog everyone else routine?

I dont believe i was patting anyone on the back or dogging anyone, just stating the facts as they appear in Grepostats. If i thought SF had a real war on their hands i would have said so but the fact you need double the members to have any impact says something in itself. Dont worry everyone is enjoying themselves as its boring with no fighting.

It remains to be seen what will happen but regardless it will be fun :)

DeletedUser

2nd & 3rd - I was quoting Baron's numbers for 4T black. Statistics are always subjective, anyway. Should we count Rainer as SF losing 64 cities? Should we include AoE ghosting his 50+ cities? Should we include Egil, Vonnie, and a few others who went idle?
The stats come direct from Grepostats for what cities have been lost or gained so not sure how you think they are subjective. If i have calculated the number of cities taken or lost i appologise. Happy for you to prove me wrong.

DeletedUser24173

Aye, a tale of foxes and grapes may be appropriate. BE was the fox and TSL a big juicy overripe grape. The Fox started eating and eating and eating - the juice was in fact very sweet - intoxicating even. So, drunk off greed and tyranny the Fox kept eating the sweet juice of the noble grape until the grape lived no more. Where once there was an ocean merry with laughter, and sweet grapes. Now there just sits and lonely fish, a small grasshopper and few cheery followers against the darkness and violence of a pack of wild Foxes.

With respect grasshopper, I believe you may have been reading too much into Aesop's fables.....

The Fox and the Grasshopper

A Grasshopper sat chirping in the branches of a tree. A Fox heard her, and, thinking what a dainty morsel she would make, he tried to get her down by a trick. Standing below in full view of her, he praised her song in the most flattering terms, and begged her to descend, saying he would like to make the acquaintance of the owner of so beautiful a voice. But she was not to be taken in, and replied, "You are very much mistaken, my dear sir, if you imagine I am going to come down: I keep well out of the way of you and your kind ever since the day when I saw numbers of grasshoppers' wings strewn about the entrance to a fox's earth."

As per dictionary.com:

fa·ble
   [fey-buhl] noun, verb, -bled, -bling.

noun

1. a short tale to teach a moral lesson, often with animals or inanimate objects as characters; apologue: the fable of the tortoise and the hare; Aesop's fables.
2. a story not founded on fact: This biography is largely a self-laudatory fable.

DeletedUser

And another thought, JoeyJoJo, history is written by the victors, rather than any revisionist efforts of the losers.

DeletedUser

I have a litte story...

Once upon a time was a Grasshopper who took up his place as leader of the south. However a big mean fox came along and stamped all over his lands. The Grasshopper went and hid in a tree, leaving all his followers alone and trying to fight the fox without him. Along came a killer fish and tried to put right what the Grasshopper had done. He found homes for all the grasshoppers followers and everyone was happy. Not the Grasshopper though, he was miffed that someone had managed to take care of his followers and it wasn't him! In a jealous rage the little Grasshopper turned on his former followers and sought out a shark and showed him where all the followers were living and made plans for their death.

Now when the Grasshopper sings of his loyalty and how the fox bullied and scavanged we'll all remember his treachery over his former friends.

lol :p

DeletedUser

I have a litte story...

Once upon a time was a Grasshopper who took up his place as leader of the south. However a big mean fox came along and stamped all over his lands. The Grasshopper went and hid in a tree, leaving all his followers alone and trying to fight the fox without him. Along came a killer fish and tried to put right what the Grasshopper had done. He found homes for all the grasshoppers followers and everyone was happy. Not the Grasshopper though, he was miffed that someone had managed to take care of his followers and it wasn't him! In a jealous rage the little Grasshopper turned on his former followers and sought out a shark and showed him where all the followers were living and made plans for their death.

Now when the Grasshopper sings of his loyalty and how the fox bullied and scavanged we'll all remember his treachery over his former friends.

lol :p

Actually I'm not miffed at all - my killer fish is a good guy and he did always did good work in the TSL. He has found a home in Bullseye along with many of the old TSL members. I am happy they have found a home and we can get back to the business of playing the game.

Some of the old TSL members have decided to join other teams. It is only natural that some players would not wish to join an alliance that has been attacking them for two months (Bullseye) - I don't reckon that constitutes treachery.

Bottom line is TSL dissolved and players choose freely where they wanted to go. No 'treachery' or 'Jealous rages' - just players choosing what side they are going stand on.... thats all

Warmest Regards

Grasshopper

DeletedUser

oh sorry, I sorted assumed treachery would be the word to use when you encourage your friends join an alliance whilst trying to get another alliance to declare war on them? maybe I'm wrong ;)

DeletedUser

Actually grass TSL was not dissolved, you changed names that all, so you are still TSL bottom line, but I guess you forget minor details like that??