Wars!!!

DeletedUser22977

There's a song by "The Kinks" that I think is quite appropriate for where this conversation has turned.

Met a girl called Lola and I took her back to my place
Feelin' guilty, feelin' scared, hidden cameras everywhere
Stop! Hold on. Stay in control

Girl, I want you here with me
But I'm really not as cool as I'd like to be
'Cause there's a red, under my bed
And there's a little yellow man in my head
And there's a true blue inside of me
That keeps stoppin' me, touchin' ya, watchin' ya, lovin' ya

Paranoia, the destroyer.
Paranoia, the destroyer.

Well I fell asleep, then I woke feelin' kinda' queer
Lola looked at me and said, "ooh you look so weird."
She said, "man, there's really something wrong with you.
One day you're gonna' self-destruct.
You're up, you're down, I can't work you out
You get a good thing goin' then you blow yourself out."

Silly boy ya' self-destroyer. Silly boy ya' self-destroyer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRpAANsoG8I

DeletedUser2595

If anyone is wondering why they know so much about us it's because they have a spy in us :D Yes seriously the frontrunners of the world are lowering themselves to using spies on a rim alliance barely in the top ten.

Does anyone get the sense that Triad is really trying to control the spin on this one? It's almost as if they don't want the other alliances to know they're mortal.

Also they totally sent stuff to try to break the siege, yeah it wasn't the full fury of Triad but don't pretend you just didn't want the city :D

You're near us, we'd like more info, you get a spy in you. Dont just have spies in top alliances, get them in all.

We didn't try and break the siege, i know as i personally gave the order not to break.

As for spies, personally i think they are very important part of the game.

CoD - part of my job as it helps me gather intel on other alliances.

DeletedUser40768

I kind of disagree with that. I think spying is more of a paranoia thing then anything else. Most of the info you can get from a spy can easily be obtained by just having a friendly conversation with leaders in other alliances. Especially when you develop a friendship and the trust is strong, they will slip constantly or even tip you off unprompted. I think spying is more of paranoia as it isn't necessary and it is almost like questioning the abilities of the alliance a person is in. An alliance doesn't need to be tipped off about sieges or ops to be successful, that success can come from teamwork. If the teamwork isn't strong, well then the spy info isn't that meaningful anyway as the alliance can't take advantage of it :pro:

DeletedUser49497

You're near us, we'd like more info, you get a spy in you. Dont just have spies in top alliances, get them in all.

We didn't try and break the siege, i know as i personally gave the order not to break.

We had 4 attacks from Chilleye and one from Raven-Lord. If you want me to post reports I will.

DeletedUser2595

Do you mean the pings to see if it was under siege?

I guess they may have sent some attacks before we told people not to try a break ...

Joseph, do you think a leader of an enemy alliance is going to give us all the info we want if we just have a friendly chat with them? If you do, you are quite deluded... spies give you a lot of info that you can make good use of.

We've always found spies to be very useful in Triad.

DeletedUser11165

Why is this still going on...you took a city off a new player to Triad who unlike your founder Whiplady took it on the Chin and didn't ghost.

We sieged 6 ravens citys lastnight all on active players and we saw no reason to come here and rub it in. A few days ago we wiped one of their larger players out again we did not come here.

If you want something to brag about come take a city off me. That being said never fear we will come crush your poxy little alliance under our boot soon enough.

See you at the end of my spears

DeletedUser49497

Why is this still going on...you took a city off a new player to Triad who unlike your founder Whiplady took it on the Chin and didn't ghost.

Funny thing is Whip Lady was never our founder. It looks like you got your alliances wrong mate.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11165

Whiplady had founder rights in EE ergo facts are correct refer to my prior post.

DeletedUser40768

Joseph, do you think a leader of an enemy alliance is going to give us all the info we want if we just have a friendly chat with them? If you do, you are quite deluded... spies give you a lot of info that you can make good use of.

We've always found spies to be very useful in Triad.

I probably should have explained my view better. No they won't give all the info you want, they surely won't tell you what cities of yours they are going after (maybe they would indirectly if really lucky, but that would be more from them trying to brag then anything else in that case). They probably wouldn't tell their diplomacy situation either, or at least not all of it. When I was saying about having a friendly conversation, that was intended more for before shots are fired. So that conversation would be something that started in the beginning of the world, and just evolved over time. People are imperfect, they will slip and give you more info than they should especially in the midst of a solid conversation. The key is not letting them realize when they slip.

I would know because when I used to lead, I used to always have conversations with other leaders. Wasn't necessarily interested in a pact or NAP or anything like that, was more interested in what they had to say. Not only can they slip about their own alliance, but they can say things about what other alliances are doing too that you may or may not know. Kind of like how you use the forum for intel, using conversations with other leaders for intel can be very useful when done right.

Spies can be useful, but like I said I think it is more of a paranoia thing. A person doesn't need to know another alliances diplomacy, ops/conquests, etc to be successful. Most of that information is not necessary unless an alliances doubts in their own ability to perform. I know that isn't an issue with Triad, but that is why I don't know why you have spies. They aren't needed for success, why not just have them in your alliance. Participating in Ops, supporting the team in the way that the members of Triad do? Another thing with spies is that if you have a spy in an alliance and they have one in yours then the benefits are canceled out. Not much of a problem when looking through the external, or befriending leaders for info.

DeletedUser40768

holy damn paragraphs

what do u do all day, write essays?

Dude that is like a total of like 10 or 15 sentences, that wouldn't be nearly enough for an essay. Hard to explain anything clearly in 1-2 sentences :p

DeletedUser

365 words, 19 sentences

btw i will PM you if i ever need anything like this for school

DeletedUser46838

Dude that is like a total of like 10 or 15 sentences, that wouldn't be nearly enough for an essay. Hard to explain anything clearly in 1-2 sentences :p

If "What People can tell you in a conversation in Grepo" was the APUSH prompt you would probably get a 0

DeletedUser49796

I probably should have explained my view better. No they won't give all the info you want, they surely won't tell you what cities of yours they are going after (maybe they would indirectly if really lucky, but that would be more from them trying to brag then anything else in that case).

You're wrong there my little keyboard warrior friend.

Ravens Republic this morning actually PMd one of our players asking him how long his CS TT was to his own city. Not only that but they also gave details about who was launching which attacks etc.

Clearly the players in the alliance in question don't have a brain cell between them