When Eta Ends!

DeletedUser

Correct Khal. Here is the post. Seems ETA will be around for a lot longer than we thought

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?33265-Closing-world-conditions&p=544454#post544454

funny we where talking about it in our alliance chat and i wrote this hours before that post.

2012-02-22 17:34
my database told me that they are probably seeing what i'm seeing and are unsure what to do.

what i see is people with multiple accounts in different worlds.

despite what the external say if you just base activity by growth and ABP over 2 weeks . Few severs have over 1,000 players.

even the new severs only have activity near 2,000 after the first waves of players quit. basically 2 months time.

making a new sever every few week has started working against them instead of getting new player they are stretching the old players out.

i think 1,000 was a ambitious goal and 500 is more reasonable

it seems i was wrong again .... 300 is much more reasonable :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hello,

My first time into the forums, please excuse.

I m very busy in real life but my friends tells me that Eta die if player die, so I play too.

From one month one player

Player: BladeSpirit
Alliance: Chaos Rising

attacks me. I tell to him I play too because if I quit Eta will end no, but he attacks me.

I send to him one message on 2012-03-08

hi
BladeSpirit
dmyss on 2012-03-08 at 07:29
Hello my friend

I play too one time per week. You attack and kill my troops. Why? Any problem?

He open it, no reply, he attack me and take 3 cities.

He not alone never. He helped by ally too clear and attack my cities.

Player: Bratzer
Alliance: Unighted Knights

12:04:02
Oldenzaa...
12:29:47
Amsterda...
13:27:10
Oldenzaa...
13:27:26
Amsterda...
27:23:21
Dublin 0...

I don t play not necessary, but is against rules if play by myself? Why this player attacks me again & again too? Why I so bad for Eta?

DeletedUser15946

In your looses I see coordination between CR and UoW or??

Anyway, this seems pretty cowardly, but I will not speak about it as BA and BoB once took out one player we weren't in war with for cities location. But we never wanted her to quit (we even hear she was already inactive). Probably they don't want to see you gone, just need your cities because of location?? Dunno, but don't quit over it, your attitude to save Eta is for praise.

DeletedUser

BladeSpirit
Chaos Rising

and ally

Bratzer
Unighted Knights

attack me with time coordinate

today at 05:00
New York 01. (Bratzer) is attacking AFA
on 2012-03-12 at 22:08
Dublin 01. (Bratzer) is attacking AFA
on 2012-03-12 at 22:08
Amsterdam 31. (Bratzer) is attacking AFA
on 2012-03-12 at 11:28

O36 Arctic Monkeys (BladeSpirit) is attacking White
on 2012-03-12 at 10:42
O36 Three Doors Down (BladeSpirit) is attacking Achillespolis
on 2012-03-12 at 10:27
O36 Sablewind (BladeSpirit) is attacking White
on 2012-03-12 at 10:27
O36 Bon Jovi (BladeSpirit) is attacking Izvor
on 2012-03-12 at 09:19

Amsterdam 04. (Bratzer) is attacking AFA
on 2012-03-12 at 08:12
Oldenzaal 01. (Bratzer) is attacking AFA
on 2012-03-12 at 08:12

O36 The Kinks (BladeSpirit) is attacking Achillespolis
on 2012-03-12 at 08:09

Amsterdam 08. (Bratzer) is attacking AFA
on 2012-03-12 at 07:15

O36 Alabama (BladeSpirit) is attacking Izvor

Why 2 alliance to attack single player too? If important location for him, is not important location for me?

What I m do? I stay to Eta end or I quit too?

DeletedUser

Why 2 alliance to attack single player too? If important location for him, is not important location for me?

What I m do? I stay to Eta end or I quit too?

I have not posted about this because i wanted to see what everyone would say.

first, dmyss i admire your willingness to play to keep ETA open. As you Know this is a war game. This game seems to give the advantage to those players log in the most.

This is a war game. This game is designed for players to attack other players. No reason is needed as an excuse for the attack.

So, to post about wanting to quit the game because you lose a few cities yo me is crazy. If you cared about your account you would simply play more.

In anther (non-morale) world i created a non-Premium account and acted like a complete noob;

my goal:
  • see if i could own a complete island in the middle of anther alliances ocean, without premium or the use of any other party but "Victory procession"

I colonizing only from battle points "Victory procession" no other parties, building only defense, and colonizing only on my own island. I was shocked that the #1 alliance on that server started attacking me out of the blue. When the 1st guy failed a group of 4-5 started attacking from the same alliance. It wasn't long before they had a 10 man team attacking my cities 24/7 which included the largest player in that sever.

I reached my goal without once losing a city or asking others for help. In that server i never joined an alliance either. This test was so i could see if the non premium player could compete with premium players. The answer is, yes

In fact it proved a non-premium player can compete with a group of premium players. Activity is the key.

You decided to play a war game getting a attacked and losing cities is part of the game. No one is trying to make you quit.

DeletedUser15946

Whateverr. activity is a key... but you must be a turtle too.

DeletedUser

Whateverr. activity is a key... but you must be a turtle too.

You know i believe defense wins wars and offense wins battles.

I am a top attacker in ETA. It is fully undeserved. i could tell you my theories about offense and defense but I'd bore you to death.

In that test world i was 100% defense but, played the account about 5 times a day 10 minutes each time. Defense had the advantage of repetition. Meaning every city was built the same and all troops in each city built the same troops. When being attacked 24/7 it's basically free delivery of battle points at minimum loss. That means the attackers collectively. have to spend more time replacing the troops then i did replacing mine.

Was defense as fun as attacking? No, but the hate messages players send while attacking are much better then messages players send when they are defending. In the end being able to humble a few top attackers in anther world was pure enjoyment.

KE (UF) made me go 100% defensive in ETA. I'm proud of them for that. Turning a top attacker to a defender is a sign of a great epec war with great battles.

DeletedUser

it was easy remember i had few cities and building the same thing was easy remember the days of less then 30 cities. Your stuck waiting for a building to finish because you have resources but no query spots open. even with attacks 24/7 most where fakes and i ignored most ships, i ignored all attacks on cities with less then 3k points also.

no alliances .... equals nothing to read no forums, no teaching, nothing.

I wasn't attacking equals no research into enemy cities or timed attacks no group operations .

cities on the same islands equals quick defense.

farming with a few island equals a few pushes of a button.

rebuilding equals same buttons scroll though barracks hitting the same buttons 30 times if needed

It was easy. the hardest part was when they did 5 days of non-stop earthquakes without an alliance i couldn't cover every city i almost lost one as a result. Favor was very slow even when i placed every city as Athena.

on ETA i have 135 cities to build, trade, party, farm, and feed the caves takes me 50 minutes. not counting defense and attack planning and leadership responsibilities . but here every city i build differently and needs are different.

in the end i gave the account up because of RL and the fact ETA is the main world i play. I do not have time to play 2 accounts on different servers even if it added just 1 hour. I play enough on ETA. If i wasn't actively leading an alliance i would have the time to play more then one server.

DeletedUser

Hello,

My first time into the forums, please excuse.

I m very busy in real life but my friends tells me that Eta die if player die, so I play too.

From one month one player

Player: BladeSpirit
Alliance: Chaos Rising

attacks me. I tell to him I play too because if I quit Eta will end no, but he attacks me.

I send to him one message on 2012-03-08

hi
BladeSpirit
dmyss on 2012-03-08 at 07:29
Hello my friend

I play too one time per week. You attack and kill my troops. Why? Any problem?

He open it, no reply, he attack me and take 3 cities.

He not alone never. He helped by ally too clear and attack my cities.

Player: Bratzer
Alliance: Unighted Knights

12:04:02
Oldenzaa...
12:29:47
Amsterda...
13:27:10
Oldenzaa...
13:27:26
Amsterda...
27:23:21
Dublin 0...

I don t play not necessary, but is against rules if play by myself? Why this player attacks me again & again too? Why I so bad for Eta?

lol dmyss just be lucky that its only 2 players attacking u bc usually alliances will use 5-10 players atleast to attack other players depending on thier size. if u know u cant hold the city/ies that they are attacking the best thing to do is give them up and focus on taking others to replace them and build up for the next wave.

DeletedUser

lol dmyss just be lucky that its only 2 players attacking u bc usually alliances will use 5-10 players atleast to attack other players depending on thier size. if u know u cant hold the city/ies that they are attacking the best thing to do is give them up and focus on taking others to replace them and build up for the next wave.

good advise, many people have used this strategy with great success

DeletedUser15946

Hm, OK, you were on 1 island. How big were players attacking you?? Biggest on server.. which one? I am very skeptical that you could survive without timing defenses, killing only CS.

DeletedUser

Hm, OK, you were on 1 island. How big were players attacking you?? Biggest on server.. which one? I am very skeptical that you could survive without timing defenses, killing only CS.

Velael didn't mean keeping the city, he means getting stronger because of losing the city. Getting the BP and growing as a result.

Cutting the CS means you need to be active to successfully do that. Something we have ruled out because dmyss is simi-active.