Your noobiest mistake

DeletedUser

I read the wiki, browsed the forums, and formulated a baseline strategy before creating a grepo account and registered on epsilon. I didn't really make a noob mistake per se, but I did wrongly prioritize the importance of a harbor in my build order for my particular situation- I did not fully understand the mechanics of beginner's protection. Of course now I know that you can attack and farm other players while you are still in beginner's protection, pushing the timetable for setting up off-island harpy farming up anywhere from a few hours to a couple days.

I can only look back and laugh at my ignorance.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i'm laughing at it even now

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Dunc25, would we happen to be in the same alliance on Kappa?

My noobish mistake was casting Heroic power on a light ship only attack.

I also in the first few weeks I played attacked my own support in an empty city to get BP, not realising I was giving BP to the city, not the owner of the troops (ie me).

I think I've done dumber, but I'm repressing the memories.

Yeah but I left because its horribly run lol and okay hearing all these mistakes makes me feel a little better :)

DeletedUser1405

Getting involved in a heated discussion whilst full of Whisky, turned out that i had caused a full scale war for my alliance and couldnt remember how.
Was reminded the following day and had to do some major grovelling.

DeletedUser

Getting involved in a heated discussion whilst full of Whisky, turned out that i had caused a full scale war for my alliance and couldnt remember how.
Was reminded the following day and had to do some major grovelling.

lol, reminds me of a certain other game I played. During the hit times half the people in chat were either drunk or hoping their boss didn't see them playing at work :D. Unfortunately I can't talk about it since it isn't an inno game :(

DeletedUser

My n00biest mistake huh? Definitely the time I sent a blind nuke to a city :p lost a ton and killed very little!

vincaocao

Phrourach
I was only 4k and I attacked a 30k player as revenge, I found out that I only had 1 transport ship and he destroyed me after that, I guess I regret that attack :( and now he quit playing .......

DeletedUser

My noobiest mistake was probably sending about 50 transports full of troops to a city without thinking about if the harbour was clear. I lost alot :(

DeletedUser

XD One of my n00biest mistakes was not attacking someone becasue I thought you could station hydras in the water!

DeletedUser

Easy one. Dodging 150 LS by stationing them in an inactive town just to sink them myself with a CS a few hours later

DeletedUser

Dunc25, would we happen to be in the same alliance on Kappa?

My noobish mistake was casting Heroic power on a light ship only attack
That's not too nooby. At least you blocked the player you were attacking from casting their own spell on your attack.

The noobiest thing I ever did was just after i 'acquired' my forth city. I rushed to worship the same god as my other cities. A couple of hours later, I'd decided that it might a good idea to worship a different god in my shiny new city, so I made the switch. I lost 200 favor with that mistake. I should have known better. :(

DeletedUser

At 2000 points I attacked a 30000 point player who colanised next to me I killed his city as all it had was horsemen (his noobiest mistake) and went to bed feeling quit pleased.
The next day I woke up under revolt with 4 citys sending attacks on me.

DeletedUser11798

my noobiest mistake was casting wisdom when i was the attacker lol i thought it would tell me wat the enemy had damn wasted 150 favour to find out wat ma own attack had:(:(:( lmfao

DeletedUser

Well I finally got something to post here XD

One day when I was really tired and had some incomings, I decided to send my troops out to farm while the attacks landed, I then cast zeus rage on my farming trip by mistake instead of the incoming attack...

DeletedUser11798

Oh i just rememberd another, when i was just starting out with like 2000 points i accidently attacked someone who was 50 oceans away from me
i spyed nd found tht there was nothing and sent an attack
and cos of all the time they had to build units and hire militia it failed lol