Votes: 61 77.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

My guess is they have one foot on each boat, and the boats sail close to one another, the Minautaur proudly standing with a Poseidon-like stance.

DeletedUser

It would be nice to know what the mods think of this thread.

DeletedUser2795

Uh, we have gone off on a tangent, ;et's get back on topic

DeletedUser

If ship and land production will be increased, what's the point of birth spell and poseidon's sea spell?

DeletedUser2795

They will cancel it out, and anyways, when someone is not under the effect of Storm they would still be able to use those spells as we use them now

DeletedUser5

It would be nice to know what the mods think of this thread.

Irrelevant.

If you believe that this thread is ready to be voted on, Private message me. I don't have time to read everything on the forum, and therefore do not pick up on all the threads that are suggested in Development Discussions.

Until I receive a private message about any thread, I will not move any of them.

DeletedUser

alright, sorry for the way we went about this but i am sure you can see how the whole bolt thing is getting a little bit out of hand

DeletedUser

Sorry for having been a little hard on my comments. I have PMed Ac04 to ask that the whole Bolt Issue be moved into development/vote. I also suggested to prepare a summary of the different arguments so that people can vote well without having to read everything:

Stupid Bolter said:
Limited Range: Players can only cast bolt for a limited range. The limit to be set at 48 hours by colony ship seems correct, as you should be able to bolt someone you wish to colonize. However, there is always room for discussion. This brings a solution to the following problems: MRAs often bolt people far away to protect their fellow members, whilst the bolted player cannot do anything to retaliate. A limited range prevents this.

Note: some people have brought to our attention that it is possible to bolt back. However, any intelligent player will not get into a bolt war with someone 60 hours away, as it does not help towards the player's personal growth in any way.

Improved Catapults: Catapults are able to destroy buildings. This brings a solution to the following problem: some farms log in every two days to bolt the person who caused their downfall. They're not playing anymore, just trying to ruin someone's game. Destroying the temple would do it.

Athena's Shield Counter Casts: When you have Athena's Shield cast on your city, chances are that someone who casts bolt on you will see the spell reversed on him. This brings a solution to the following problem: MRAs often bolt people far away to protect their fellow members, whilst the bolted player cannot do anything to retaliate. With this, it becomes risky to cast bolt on someone. This would have MRAs think twice before they cast bolt on someone. Oftentimes, a bolt caster will simply store favor until the Shield Protection is over. Then, it is still possible to bolt. This prevents casters from storing favor when Athena's Shield is On (and it harms them too!)

Athena's Shield Drains Favor: When someone casts a spell on you and Athena's Shield is On, you drain half the favor and the spell doesn't work.
This prevents the caster from storing favor, plus it gives a bonus to the targeted player and does not harm the caster (for anything else than draining favor).

Changed Effect of the Spell: The Spell's effect does not destroy buildings but harms a building's production for 6 hours. If people don't like the spell, let's change it. Harming the production can be very strategic during wars.

Remove the Spell: No more bolts! Everyone hates this spell and it leads to some players quitting the game. There are too many problems, they cannot be fixed.

DeletedUser

those are all good suggestions, so are we going to get to vote on it

DeletedUser

how bout... adding the home addresses of the people who bolt you? I find someone knocking on your front door with a baseball bat an excellent deterent from casting bolt ever again lol.

But seriously, lets vote already. I hate bolt with a vengeance.

edit; better yet make bolt destroy one of their own buildings with the responce from zeus "I hate cowards. Be a man/woman. Next time you make me cast bolt i will charge you 50 US dollars for making me waste my time"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

"buhuhu, some noob bolted me, I'm so much better then him, so much more points then him, and he is messing with me, buhuhuhu, devs fix guick"

I don't like this idea at all.

DeletedUser

i believe that above all a player must be given a chance to prevent his own demise. He must be given a chance to fight back, and if possible to prevent his destruction.

Noobs can do this by reading up on these forums asking for support from alliancemates calling up militia when attacked etc.

a person noob or not bolted by 50 people from 2 oceans away where the fastest travel time is 48 hours by fast transport is given no chance to fight back.

Anytime something exists in a game which lets you destroy whole cities and player accounts instanenously with no fear of retaliation or of your tactic being countered, then that thing is imbalanced and should be removed or changed for the benefit of the game.

You seem to think that one bolt is not a problem and i agree with you if you are bolted once no problem rebuild again. What happens tho if you are bolted 12 times a day/ 84 times a week (gamma and epsilon)?

Is there anything you can do to recover from that? can you even build 84 building levels in a week? You might not even be capable of producing half that especially at higher village pointages

DeletedUser

"buhuhu, some noob bolted me, I'm so much better then him, so much more points then him, and he is messing with me, buhuhuhu, devs fix guick"

I don't like this idea at all.

"buhuhu, my village got conquered because I've been an inactive noob building up slingers for defense. I'm going to take it out in revenge against the whole world by creating 10 accounts and bolting the hell out of that meanie that didn't allow me to play grepohugs. He shall know Zeus's wrath!"

Get the heck out of this game if you're too noob. You probably didn't even pay $1 of premium and already causing nuances in this game. Go play Sim City. Be a major of your town and cry about the evil men in grepolis. May be they will listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.