Passed God Passive Effect

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 30 68.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I think that the passive effects are a great idea. This idea is well-balanced, however you should be able to suspend passive bonuses in return for Divine Favors from that god.:pro::cool: Just another feature to throw in.

DeletedUser

I have read through the entire thread, and I have not seen anyone mention this, so...Here goes.

Invoker, how would this effect supporting?
Say I have Zeus, 25 temple, 25 wall, City Guard with >25 Farm, Phalanx the Tower, and Thermal Baths. I have filled my city to the brim with defensive troops.
Now, I see I have several attacks incoming, and by the speed, it appears to be a nuke followed by a conquest attempt.
So I have my friend, who has Poseidon, 25 Temple, Lighthouse, Battering Ram, and an entire Bireme city waiting to support me.

My entire land force is strengthened by the bonuses, and would be difficult to clear, even to an attacker with 100% morale and +30 Luck.
And the sea defenses would also be strengthened, as shown by the upgrades.

Could I suggest that the passive effects are only 1/2 as effective when used for supporting cities that worship a different god?

DeletedUser

Could I suggest that the passive effects are only 1/2 as effective when used for supporting cities that worship a different god?

I like this. How about a quarter as there are 4 gods, if this won't be to weak.

DeletedUser

I don't like this.
The gods have no use for physical resources, why would they accept that as payment to revive their most powerful servants, only to have you order them to their death again?
I dislike the idea of resources being used at all.
If you were to say, that they would be able to be revived at 50% Favour, but at no resources, I could be inclined to vote yes if this goes through.

DeletedUser

no, the whole idea is not to use favor.

The chances of me moving this idea to Development without a favor requirement are close to 0%. I highly recommend you add a favor requirement to resurrect units.

DeletedUser2795

I don't like this.
The gods have no use for physical resources, why would they accept that as payment to revive their most powerful servants, only to have you order them to their death again?
I dislike the idea of resources being used at all.
If you were to say, that they would be able to be revived at 50% Favour, but at no resources, I could be inclined to vote yes if this goes through.

then what is the point of sacrificing things/popl to the gods?

DeletedUser

I like this idea but it would make it harder for people to plan building times etc but hey i dont do that so I agree!

Love it.

DeletedUser

Of course you'll need Favour to resurrect them. As mentioned before the Gods have no use for resources. It would be like trying to offer a fish water, the Gods have all the things they need, the only thing you can offer them is Favour.

DeletedUser

Maybe we could change this so that the resources, including favour, are more but the time to resurrect is smaller?

DeletedUser2795

No, because the point of this is that you do not have to wait as long before resurrecting your myth unit, and accumulating the favor is what takes the most time in myth units

DeletedUser

Of course you'll need Favour to resurrect them. As mentioned before the Gods have no use for resources. It would be like trying to offer a fish water, the Gods have all the things they need, the only thing you can offer them is Favour.

That was just my way of solving this objection. Maybe if once you built the unit it didn't take any time at all then all you are waiting for is favour, I know that this can take time but the total time would still be shortened.

DeletedUser

10% favor requirement added, rounded up.

more than that, it wouldn't be the idea I am thinking of.

DeletedUser

Awesome idea, not unbalanced and well thought out for both sides of the argument.

DeletedUser

That's okay, I guess. Many people can generate that many favor in a day.

DeletedUser

I have read through the entire thread, and I have not seen anyone mention this, so...Here goes.

Invoker, how would this effect supporting?
Say I have Zeus, 25 temple, 25 wall, City Guard with >25 Farm, Phalanx the Tower, and Thermal Baths. I have filled my city to the brim with defensive troops.
Now, I see I have several attacks incoming, and by the speed, it appears to be a nuke followed by a conquest attempt.
So I have my friend, who has Poseidon, 25 Temple, Lighthouse, Battering Ram, and an entire Bireme city waiting to support me.

My entire land force is strengthened by the bonuses, and would be difficult to clear, even to an attacker with 100% morale and +30 Luck.
And the sea defenses would also be strengthened, as shown by the upgrades.

/answer pls?

Status
Not open for further replies.