Nothing Special To See Here

DeletedUser

don't like it leave?

I have money but for how long? yes we have life but it is degraded from what it should be. The world has a lot to sort out; the west is now sick with greed from its growing wealth and now hurling up over itself whilst to the east conflicts are arising and then the problem of poverty. I feel poverty would be easy to solve if we were all set on doing it but we are not and have other ties now, although charity work for overseas development is something I support and will try and support more in the coming years.

yeah sorry mate was tired. I can totally understand what you and cobble are saying.

DeletedUser

They say money doesn't buy happiness and love is better than money but money buys stability and that in my mind is what matters.

What an economically astute statement, you'd be a great employee.
People would like to think that its not all about the money, but for the most, it really is. People only believe it isnt because its more appealing, even though its not the truth

In an capitalistically geared society, that is the general assumption. However, popular opinion does not make universal truth. I don't need money to tell me the worth of things- I can't put a value on my memories, my experiences, my likes and dislikes, I can't put a money sign on who I am. Doesn't matter if I'm rich or poor, i'd burn my money for friendship, love, or anything of real value. Money is something I have to live with to be a functioning and interactive member of society and that is where money becomes complicated..

Yes i've read it, he dies in the end.. etc.. Your point?
Life is complicated, i'm sure any given person only knows like 40% of what it really is. No one knows all of it, but we all know a little.

Yea, I can definitely tell now that you either have trouble with understanding what you read or Amazon's summary didn't do the book justice (summaries never do..).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you don't understand the reason behind me referring you to that book then I have a completely new point to make - reading comprehension ftw.

You'd have to elaborate more, there is lots in that book.

don't like it leave?

I have money but for how long? yes we have life but it is degraded from what it should be. The world has a lot to sort out; the west is now sick with greed from its growing wealth and now hurling up over itself whilst to the east conflicts are arising and then the problem of poverty. I feel poverty would be easy to solve if we were all set on doing it but we are not and have other ties now, although charity work for overseas development is something I support and will try and support more in the coming years.

I couldn't agree more, stuff in red was said perfectly

What an economically astute statement, you'd be a great employee.

In an capitalistically geared society, that is the general assumption. However, popular opinion does not make universal truth. I don't need money to tell me the worth of things- I can't put a value on my memories, my experiences, my likes and dislikes, I can't put a money sign on who I am. Doesn't matter if I'm rich or poor, i'd burn my money for friendship, love, or anything of real value. Money is something I have to live with to be a functioning and interactive member of society and that is where money becomes complicated..

(I'm not saying money has to control your values or anything like that. In no way am I advertising money or supporting, nor am I suggesting we should all bow down to it. Your missing my main point.. Your last sentence is the closest, but the rest, it sounds like you don't think I have the same values, and that is where it is a problem)

Yea, I can definitely tell now that you either have trouble with understanding what you read or Amazon's summary didn't do the book justice (summaries never do..).

(Please don't assume that I don't actually read books. I read the book. I don't understand why you could be so shallow that you'd think I am undereducated to the point where I just use summaries or shortcuts to prove a point in an argument. No, that ain't me. I am a very advanced reader, I just hate saying it. Its too selfish or egotistical for me to talk about the good qualities I have. That is, if I had a lot.. Its not a topic I like to get into. I will, however, converse with others on the morality of life and the beliefs people hold. Please please please don't just assume)

DeletedUser

You'd have to elaborate more, there is lots in that book.

It'd be pretty obvious if you DID read the book.. The kid does feed himself off of happiness, that is, the wild is the place where he can explore who he is and be happy; no money involved there... And whatever you said about travelling is cool, but it's not like you have to be a tycoon to get onto a plane.

Responding inside the quote is really annoying, as it makes it harder for me to quote you.

I'm not saying money has to control your values or anything like that. In no way am I advertising money or supporting, nor am I suggesting we should all bow down to it. Your missing my main point.. Your last sentence is the closest, but the rest, it sounds like you don't think I have the same values, and that is where it is a problem

Okay, maybe I am missing your point. But that wouldn't be completely my fault with the ambiguity of the sentence I was responding to. What is "it?" If "it" is an egg, then I suppose I misjudged your intentions in that sentence's meaning. Other than that, I believed the "it" you were referring to is life's purpose, which I thought was complete BS, or the quote you were responding to would make no sense at all.

I didn't imply anything about you.

Please don't assume that I don't actually read books. I read the book. I don't understand why you could be so shallow that you'd think I am undereducated to the point where I just use summaries or shortcuts to prove a point in an argument.

Logical inference /=/ assume

I agree that there is truth to most things, and you obviously didn't pick up on the key points of that book in the post of yours that I first responded to. Or you wouldn't be spouting garbage; do you really think that "Yes i've read it, he dies in the end.. etc.. Your point?" gives the book any credit?

No, that ain't me. I am a very advanced reader, I just hate saying it. Its too selfish or egotistical for me to talk about the good qualities I have. That is, if I had a lot.. Its not a topic I like to get into.

So you're bringing them up for what reason? Claims about yourself are unsubstantiated and cannot be proven to me, so I don't see the reason you'd bring it up other than to talk about it.

DeletedUser

It'd be pretty obvious if you DID read the book.. The kid does feed himself off of happiness, that is, the wild is the place where he can explore who he is and be happy; no money involved there... And whatever you said about travelling is cool, but it's not like you have to be a tycoon to get onto a plane.

So one man was happy. How does that change the world today? It really doesn't. I understand that you might be saying that this guy was totally happy without money. But I'm talking about the bigger picture, the greater majority, of people that are influenced by society, peers, and themselves that put the focus on money and 90% of the time, the focus is on money. The guy in the book needed money to buy some supplies and get where he was going. Did he need it after that? Not really. I'm saying you can't get far without a little money. In no way am I promoting it. Just stating whats out there.

And another thing, most things in this world require money. You can go off about having great families, friends, and other stuff like that. But would they be as great if you were all starving and on the brink of death?? Maybe, maybe not. You need money to get around. Money is what really gets it done. You can argue about good will, and service and a bunch of other stuff, but one thing that has been prominent throughout history, is the money. Most of the motives for countries' actions involved money. You don't have to accept what I'm saying, its not entirely appealing so its harder to agree with. You can tell me all about the greater side of life, about how there is "more out there" how there is something "greater to live for". But in reality there isn't. That is just something people strive for since its appealing, and since its appealing, it easier to accept and defend in an argument

Responding inside the quote is really annoying, as it makes it harder for me to quote you.

Sheesh my bad, a little low on time.

Okay, maybe I am missing your point. But that wouldn't be completely my fault with the ambiguity of the sentence I was responding to. What is "it?" If "it" is an egg, then I suppose I misjudged your intentions in that sentence's meaning. Other than that, I believed the "it" you were referring to is life's purpose, which I thought was complete BS, or the quote you were responding to would make no sense at all.

I didn't imply anything about you.

"it" was referring to your posts. How I had a problem with them. You were implying that I read a book summary or that I could not interpret a book.

Logical inference /=/ assume

I agree that there is truth to most things, and you obviously didn't pick up on the key points of that book in the post of yours that I first responded to. Or you wouldn't be spouting garbage; do you really think that "Yes i've read it, he dies in the end.. etc.. Your point?" gives the book any credit?

I didn't think this was about giving books credit.

So you're bringing them up for what reason? Claims about yourself are unsubstantiated and cannot be proven to me, so I don't see the reason you'd bring it up other than to talk about it.

I was proving that I do read and analyze.

DeletedUser

"it" was referring to your posts. How I had a problem with them. You were implying that I read a book summary or that I could not interpret a book.

I was talking about the subject "it" in this quote..

People would like to think that its not all about the money, but for the most, it really is. People only believe it isnt because its more appealing, even though its not the truth

I was proving that I do read and analyze.

Eh...you haven't proved anything so far..

So one man was happy. How does that change the world today? It really doesn't.

Yea, a book turned into a movie must have not imparted any wisdom to the world.. Anyways, proceed with thinking money money makes your well-being and happiness possible, tis good for the young upcoming capitalist! I would respond to the rest of your very comprehensive post, but sadly it's much too subtle for my small mind to register!

Lugosi

Strategos
Update: saw Harry Potter DH Pt.2 in 3-D today with two mates, was a really good film and a good day. Her mum like fancies me; I'm in ;)

DeletedUser

Yea, a book turned into a movie must have not imparted any wisdom to the world.. Anyways, proceed with thinking money money makes your well-being and happiness possible, tis good for the young upcoming capitalist! I would respond to the rest of your very comprehensive post, but sadly it's much too subtle for my small mind to register!

Yet again you mistaken me. First off, I don't see any real world change from that movie. Second of all, you yet again I assumed that I was all for the money by saying that it makes my well-being and happiness possible. That's not at all what I meant. Nevermind about that then..

and it meant "the world" i guess. Or people's motives..

DeletedUser

Update: saw Harry Potter DH Pt.2 in 3-D today with two mates, was a really good film and a good day. Her mum like fancies me; I'm in ;)

Sounds fun.. I have yet to see it.. So one of these "mates" was of interest to you? :)

DeletedUser

Yet again you mistaken me. First off, I don't see any real world change from that movie. Second of all, you yet again I assumed that I was all for the money by saying that it makes my well-being and happiness possible. That's not at all what I meant. Nevermind about that then..

and it meant "the world" i guess. Or people's motives..

I'll never mistaken a person again and I won't I assumed any longer!

DeletedUser

You should defo see it . . . not really lol

Why shall I not go see HP DH 2??

Raurio: Reason: i'm in ur thread justin, pillagin ur wimmenz.

Just for that (and for the fact you accepted your mistake hahaha jk jk), I declare you the winner of our so-called argument..

Lugosi

Strategos
Party with Jtin.. in da house...

Some woman wanted my jeans I was wearing =Z she then came back 15 mins later claiming she had asthma and needed money for a payphone even tho we had mobiles but apparently the person wouldn't pick up a call from a mobile but would from a random payphone :p

Anyway she was a true representative of Chavant lulz

DeletedUser

Some woman wanted my jeans I was wearing =Z she then came back 15 mins later claiming she had asthma and needed money for a payphone even tho we had mobiles but apparently the person wouldn't pick up a call from a mobile but would from a random payphone :p

Anyway she was a true representative of Chavant lulz

Hahahahahaha that's pretty sketch.. what's Chavant? :supermad::supermad::supermad::supermad:

Lugosi

Strategos
Hahahahahaha that's pretty sketch.. what's Chavant? :supermad::supermad::supermad::supermad:

Chavant more commonly known as Havant is a the town and a borough council of many places around but one more known one is Leigh Park the biggest or second biggest council estate in England hense why Havant is turned to chavant.

DeletedUser

Chavant more commonly known as Havant is a the town and a borough council of many places around but one more known one is Leigh Park the biggest or second biggest council estate in England hense why Havant is turned to chavant.

So.....its a suburb? :)