Peacetime Screw-up

DeletedUser17088

Well I just bought 14,400 gold for 66$ by lying and saying that I was German so I guess I got my money back plus extra in a way.

Merry Xmas Inno.

after all that you still bought more gold.........

and why did you lie? the 80% bonus was for everyone :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1181s3b.jpg

DeletedUser

Well I just bought 14,400 gold for 66$ by lying and saying that I was German so I guess I got my money back plus extra in a way.

Merry Xmas Inno.

As fotns said, that bonus was not only for Germans. If I am not mistaken, offering gold to a lower price based on the costumers race would be illegal. Prices can differ because you chose a different payment option, but not because you are from a different race :p

Sorry, but i fail to understand your logic. Let me get it straight:
- it is ok to get mislead with official posts, because, well, it's Christmas
- it is ok to lose money for nothing, because, well, in the world there is bigger evil
- if we're getting mislead to lose time and money, ok, fine, we should be happy we're not "being forced into sex slavery", "dying of hunger" or "struggling to survive".
- it is ok you to call me "spoiled brat" because it's ok on the above things, so a little of rule breaching like "Treat each other with respect and remain polite." and "Personal insults are not allowed" is not that much.
- if it's night for you, then it must be night for everyone "You stayed up all night for a conquest?"
Now that i see them all ligned up, i must say, i fail to see any of your logic. Since you feel so upset people post against your way to look at things, immagine for a second those people are entitled to be upset about you posting against their way to look at things.

Back to the holiday. Merry Christmas to you too.
An official post has been made already adding the missing information an apologising for the inconvenience. Regarding your money, it is your check up on things like the Xmas break. It was announced on the 13th already, you could time your premium so that it would end before the break, and then activate premium again when the peacetime finished. And even if you were unable to time, I have stated before that Inno has the right to change the function of premium at any given time without having to explain themselves. This means that you have no right on a refund because your commander and captain didn't give you an advantage anymore.
calling someone a spoiled brat is not considered profane on this forum, thus allowed.
I do not in any way dislike you or your way of looking at thinks, and I respect your opinion, but that does not mean I cannot disprove and explain you regarding this issue.

Oh, and have a merry Christmas and a happy new year! ^^

Thibron

Phrourach
Last minute Holiday time CHANGE

Look, I launched my CS at about 1600 UTC +1 on the 23rd to land around 0100 on the 24th. Add 12 hours to conquer and you get 1300. Now how that comes close to 1800 is beyond me. It is not the original rule that
troubles us--it was distributed throughout our alliances.

Some things to consider:
1. Look up the terms launch and land so there is shared understanding on the difference.
2. It takes time in any organization to "distribute" information; when last minute changes are made, their is a sure bet, things get screwed up.
3. To think we just "know" to constantly check the forum for last-minute changes is unrealistic. A good rule of thumb for leaders is not to change plans/rules at least 10 days prior. (you might check with NATO--I think they don't make changes for years prior-lol)

Why should any of this matter? --players quit when they get upset. It is not fun for the alliance to lose members and I would think it not fun for a company trying to retain customers. Oh well :(

DeletedUser

If you quit because you couldn't take 1 city because of a Christmas truce you are an extremely weak player in my opinion.

Yeah it sucks, get over it. It's Christmas for gods sake.

DeletedUser

the germany trick

after all that you still bought more gold.........

and why did you lie? the 80% bonus was for everyone :)

Check it, if you choose Germany as your country you get waaaaaaaaaay better deal on gold. Even with the xmas bonus 14400 gold would have cost me 81$ dollars if I left USA as my county. But by saying I'm German and using paypal as my payment method I got 14400 for 50 euro or a bit over 60$. Plus selecting Germany gives you the option of buying gold at the best discount by buying 27,000 gold for 80 euros, i just didnt think i needed that much. But for every other country the most you can buy is 14400. Inno are German homers.

DeletedUser4013

Check it, if you choose Germany as your country you get waaaaaaaaaay better deal on gold. Even with the xmas bonus 14400 gold would have cost me 81$ dollars if I left USA as my county. But by saying I'm German and using paypal as my payment method I got 14400 for 50 euro or a bit over 60$. Plus selecting Germany gives you the option of buying gold at the best discount by buying 27,000 gold for 80 euros, i just didnt think i needed that much. But for every other country the most you can buy is 14400. Inno are German homers.

Oooh, you cheated the system because of the exchange rate :eek:

DeletedUser18983

WO... Maybe I should just start speaking german so I can talk to the Grepolis Manager. That's why they get better deals because this game started in Germany.
RIP OFF

DeletedUser4013

WO... Maybe I should just start speaking german so I can talk to the Grepolis Manager. That's why they get better deals because this game started in Germany.
RIP OFF

Actually, you should learn French, German, Dutch, Norwegian, and Swiss since they all get the extra gold option as well. I bet it's because they were all taken over by the Germans in WWI and WWII (well maybe not the Swiss, damn them for being neutral) :p

Possibly Khazak, Arabic (Palestine) and Malay because they can only purchse gold by SMS :eek:

DeletedUser17088

Haha fair enough, you sure showed inno who was boss buying all that gold :D

DeletedUser

ok, now this has a taken a very surreal turn..

I am now wondering, why as eu/ec citizen I am being offered different rates of buying gold then other eu/ec citizens..

after reading saturns22 post on buying (new) gold I played around with different counties and found he was correct, if you say you are buying in germany you get offered a much better rate of gold

as it stands I can buy
14400 gold for €49;99 as an eu/ec citizen
but as saturn22 found out
I can buy as a German citizen
27000 gold for $79;99
a vastly better rate of exchange

Now I know the mods here can not answer this question, but I will ask it here and when Inno games go back to work..ask

why I as an eu citizen have not been offered the same rate of gold as German citizens

the idea of the single market was I could avail of offers and services available to all eu citizens

I am NOT screaming I will sue, but I am going to follow this up with Inno games, as this seems very wrong somehow

there might be a rational reason for the different rates but right now I can not see why

DeletedUser4013

ok, now this has a taken a very surreal turn..

I am now wondering, why as eu/ec citizen I am being offered different rates of buying gold then other eu/ec citizens..

after reading saturns22 post on buying (new) gold I played around with different counties and found he was correct, if you say you are buying in germany you get offered a much better rate of gold

as it stands I can buy
14400 gold for €49;99 as an eu/ec citizen
but as saturn22 found out
I can buy
27000 gold for $79;99
a vastly better rate of exchange

Now I know the mods here can not answer this question, but I will ask it here and when Inno games go back to work..ask

why I as an eu citizen have not been offered the same rate of gold as German citizens

the idea of the single market was I could avail of offers and services available to all eu citizens

I am NOT screaming I will sue, but I am going to follow this up with Inno games, as this seems very wrong somehow

there might be a rational reason for the different rates but right now I can not see why

I found that odd as well, but I wonder if it has anything to do with the .fr and .de being larger markets. But I would think that as a part of the eurozone it wouldn't prevent you from buying under those EU countries.

DeletedUser

I found that odd as well, but I wonder if it has anything to do with the .fr and .de being larger markets. But I would think that as a part of the eurozone it wouldn't prevent you from buying under those EU countries.

Tyrion..my Euro is the exact same Euro (value wise, each country has different pictures on coins, in case you did not know) as Germany

so i can walk into any shop/bank/business in any of the Euro using countries and pay the exact same as the citizens of that country

and seeing as I pay by credit card, the same card I can use anywhere in the Euro zone it is VERY confusing..

again I point out that I am not saying this is illegal, but I will seek advice from my local legal advice centre and/or my local "elected" (ha!!) politician

DeletedUser

As fotns said, that bonus was not only for Germans. If I am not mistaken, offering gold to a lower price based on the costumers race would be illegal. Prices can differ because you chose a different payment option, but not because you are from a different race :p

Oh, and have a merry Christmas and a happy new year! ^^

alas it seems that they are offering different rates to different eu countries

check for your self, go to buy gold and try different eu counties as your place to buy from, some countries get a far better rate per euro to gold

so not it is not racial, but on each country I clicked visa credit card and there was a differnce to my own eu country compared to what I can buy if I was living in Germany

Milos21

Phrourach
Look, I launched my CS at about 1600 UTC +1 on the 23rd to land around 0100 on the 24th. Add 12 hours to conquer and you get 1300. Now how that comes close to 1800 is beyond me. It is not the original rule that
troubles us--it was distributed throughout our alliances.

Some things to consider:
1. Look up the terms launch and land so there is shared understanding on the difference.
2. It takes time in any organization to "distribute" information; when last minute changes are made, their is a sure bet, things get screwed up.
3. To think we just "know" to constantly check the forum for last-minute changes is unrealistic. A good rule of thumb for leaders is not to change plans/rules at least 10 days prior. (you might check with NATO--I think they don't make changes for years prior-lol)

Why should any of this matter? --players quit when they get upset. It is not fun for the alliance to lose members and I would think it not fun for a company trying to retain customers. Oh well :(

116 LSs hit one second after your peaceful visit, so dont be too sad.
Marry xmas

DeletedUser15953

Peacetime inactivity

It took a lot reading through those 8 pages, but I did it. yay!!

:D

Anyway, the item about buying the same Gold for different costs of Euros in different countries, yes, sounds wrong, and needs to be sorted by the supplier, not the end customer. If the response is to tell us that we should try setting ourselves as being from different countries, then this statement should be made readily available to everyone, so that everyone gets a chance to reduce their spending amount. If we are all told, then it is up to us if we 'opt' to pay more for the same gold than someone else; if we are NOT told, then it is withholding information which could save your members money.

So that is my take on the Gold issue :)

NOW, regarding the peacetime break, would it be feasible, in order to stop these complaints/arguments, for innogames to allocate extra days to their premium customers for the days that they cannot use the benefits provided by their Premium features like Captain? So if we have 2 days in which we cannot attack anyone, then give us 2 days extra on the Captain feature, etc.

Is this feasible? It is not calling for a refund, but rather calling for an 'extension' to a feature.

The reason I looked up this posting, was because I was also concerned about paying for this feature, but not being able to use it. In the postings above, someone said (I forget who) something about it being our responsibility to read the forums to check about xmas breaks etc. Well, I started this game after last xmas, so I would not know that this kind of thing happened, and in addition to this, I have enough problems finding the time to log on and play the game, without being required to add time to log into the forum to check regularly in case there is another break planned for another time, someone might decide to have an Easter break after all! :)

I have had 2 messages from ?Grepolis/Innogames? as far as I can recall, so they could have sent me a message about the Peacetime so that I could have decided if I wanted to extend that feature or not over this period. Anyway, it is a suggestion, and would appease a lot of the folks qho are voicing their annoyance above ..... as well as pleasing me :D

Merry Xmas - o ya, a couple of guys said something about not complaining as it is xmas , so what about "give the players a coupla extra premium days as it is xmas" ?????

:D

DeletedUser

Okay just to avoid a repeat incident I'm going to ask this now ahead of time. If I send an attack before peacetime ends, but it lands after peacetime ends, will it work?