Silly MRA's

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

So I have decided that instead of just posting about how many invites I've gotten within minutes of joining that lacked any form of message that I'd go one step further and post the alliances. This is hopefully going to start others posting which alliances did the same and we might be able to shame them into fixing their recruitment process. It's a lofty goal I know but I have faith we can do it. I'll start

MRA Invites Thus Far
Guardians of the Templar
The 10th Legion
The Game of Thrones
cherokee warriors

I'm sure I'll get more and I'll update my post to include them.

Is it not obvious that you guys are the only ones that start chossing who and who is not a MRA. Your so worried about that problem that you even post it on the forums. While your busy watching other alliances, your not truly watching your alliance. All of alliances get members, most accurate ones do. To become number one, it depends in points, largeness and numbers.

If one alliance can send random invites to, noobs and old, then you got yourself a largely growing alliance. MRAs can do things when massed together, so it really doesnt matter how many players you can get.

50 Members in alliance would be a matter known as a MRA, such as this was disscussed before.

You can grow by inviting everyone, you can be the best with everyone, or just 3 people.

MRAs....that is all you talk about in new worlds, you dont see us complaining back in the old worlds. That is because those who complain could be noobs in MRAS themselves, or 2nd generation players in MRAs.

DeletedUser

Back on Topic..... Your cant call us, an MRA, when we had this planed since the settings came out. 90% of our members are from Simga. the others are from baris,actium.

I dont see any DN from sigma.... oh they're with me :p

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
I have no issue with alliances with large numbers of players that were invited as they were premade or made up of people who know each other from other servers. What I take umbrage with is alliance who send out invites to everyone. That shows that leadership cares nothing for the player but rather they simply want numbers. There has always been complaints about MRA's even back in alpha. There is discussing what is and isn't an MRA. An MRA is quite simply an alliance that sends out a ton of invites to gain numbers to seem better than they are as they believe numbers alone with save them. That never works. Numbers can be effective but only if the the players making up those numbers are quality players. MRA's just randomly invite people and the poor people who join them end up getting the short end of the stick as their alliance gets crushed and they get rimmed.

DeletedUser

But it really dont matter...it is there choice of joining or not. So teachinically MRAs are a choice for either life or death. Complaints back then were not as consistent as they are now.

DeletedUser

I think all 3rd generation worlds are boring, excluding Sparta.

DeletedUser

Quiet yourself...you don't even have the worhthiness to be in the 2nd or 1st generation worlds. Not even the hero worlds.

DeletedUser

Gamma, really that world. I played there for about 4 months, but quit because i had to leave for a while.

You play in only 1 1st generation world. I play in several...so who has more experience?

DeletedUser

Me according to grepostats. I've played their for over 2years :p

Check the stats before you even attempt to drop a knowledge bomb

DeletedUser

2 years...so you dropped out before the world wonders started?

I am supposing you started when the world was realesed....20 months is more then 2 years...knowledge is it you have?

tough guy

Who was that directed to?

DeletedUser

But it really dont matter...it is there choice of joining or not. So teachinically MRAs are a choice for either life or death. Complaints back then were not as consistent as they are now.

That offered absolutely nothing to the matter being discussed?

Complaints where by far more rife back when Alpha and Beta where released than they are now. Their were 20-30,000 players on those words with alliances consisting of 1,000 members.
Those alliances had a better chance of succeeded than the apparent MRAs we have now. Simply because if the ammount of good players in an MRA is usually between 10-20%. MRAs today simply do not have enough good players to make up for the bad ones.

DeletedUser

Alliances did not reach to over 1000 members...they are the same as they are now.MRAs to me werent such a big problem back then...i experienced it. MRAs then were just large growing alliances.

DeletedUser2663

Alliances did not reach to over 1000 members...they are the same as they are now.MRAs to me werent such a big problem back then...i experienced it. MRAs then were just large growing alliances.

Never heard of hogs of destiny have you then. Probably the most famous MRA. Some one who played alpha can give exact numbers but if i recall right they may of had over 2k players at one point.

DeletedUser

2 years...so you dropped out before the world wonders started?

I am supposing you started when the world was realesed....20 months is more then 2 years...knowledge is it you have?
25th March 2010 is roughly when i started i started gamma where i still am. I've playd various worlds but have been playing over 2 years and i never said 20months so i dunno where you getting that.

btw 2 years is more than 2months :p

DeletedUser

I have heard of them...but i didnt consider them as an MRA, much more liking a desperate alliance needing to raech the top, with players who had the power and spirit of growing rapidly at any cost.

DeletedUser

They should make a world like with the settings here with the alliancecap on the norwegian server: 15 members, that way you would get a real nice world without MRA's and a real nice fighting world ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.