Wars

DeletedUser50502

JTT are big enough to take them head on. Coalitions ruin worlds.

If JTT can take on EN Then why don't they? EN is favorite to win WW and will if nobody stands up to them. Also EN has been taking JTT cities left and right, and they haven't responded. I agree that some coalitions are bad, like the ones where 10 big alliances just work together to keep everyone else out to easily win WW *cough The Merge on sinope cough* because then it's no fun, but if two to three alliances work together to beat the favorite, it gets interesting because the top alliances have to decide who to side with or to not side with anyone. That's when the fun starts

DeletedUser50502

EN do not wipe all other teams out

We were not on their side in Ialysos, we fought against them every day

We still had 90% of our cities intact when Ialysos closed

They are actually quite skillful fighters....we had a mutual respect for each other both as teams and as individual players...even those of us (Erik) who verbally sparred with each other had a respect there too

You do not have to beat them into submission to stand up to them....irritate the hell out of them and defend yourselves against them well enough and you will garner the same respect as if you beat them to a pulp

They are a close knit, cohesive team...that is what makes them stronger, not the gold use cos anyone Tom, or Harriet can use gold in vast amounts but it won't make them a great team...being cohesive and strategic makes the team, not the money spent
I disagree with the gold part actually. On a U.S. world I use to play on there was a team of Russian guys who called their alliance CCCP and they only had like 8 players and wouldn't let anybody else in. Rumor has is that they were a bunch of multi millionairs that just played grepo all day during this world. They spent so much money on the game and they were top alliance with more than 20 million points while second had 80 players with like 12 million points. Those Russian guys destroyed everyone until the major alliances all stepped up to them, and it was a long war, lasting months to take them all out. Gold can unfortunately beat a tactical mind of a lot is used, and I think those guys just got bored at the end of the war and left, and that's why they lost

DeletedUser37468

I disagree with the gold part actually. On a U.S. world I use to play on there was a team of Russian guys who called their alliance CCCP and they only had like 8 players and wouldn't let anybody else in. Rumor has is that they were a bunch of multi millionairs that just played grepo all day during this world. They spent so much money on the game and they were top alliance with more than 20 million points while second had 80 players with like 12 million points. Those Russian guys destroyed everyone until the major alliances all stepped up to them, and it was a long war, lasting months to take them all out. Gold can unfortunately beat a tactical mind of a lot is used, and I think those guys just got bored at the end of the war and left, and that's why they lost

Fair enough but that level of gold use is rare, even in a game like this

Abdera with its gold trading gives everyone a chance to try gold play...so that is a step towards leveling the playing field a bit...but tbh this talk of gold use is a distraction

What brings EN the prizes is simply the fact that as a team they are cohesive, well organised, have respect for Kronnoss as an effectual Founder and they plan everything down to the last second

Gold helps them but by no means wins every fight for them

You can use all the gold possible and still lose all cities if you are a lousy fighter, tactically short and in a team that is not cohesive in every aspect of the game

DeletedUser50502

Fair enough but that level of gold use is rare, even in a game like this

Abdera with its gold trading gives everyone a chance to try gold play...so that is a step towards leveling the playing field a bit...but tbh this talk of gold use is a distraction

What brings EN the prizes is simply the fact that as a team they are cohesive, well organised, have respect for Kronnoss as an effectual Founder and they plan everything down to the last second

Gold helps them but by no means wins every fight for them

You can use all the gold possible and still lose all cities if you are a lousy fighter, tactically short and in a team that is not cohesive in every aspect of the game
So do you think EN would still win worlds if they didn't use gold?

DeletedUser37468

So do you think EN would still win worlds if they didn't use gold?

Who knows?

It helps them, probably...would they win without it...yes I think they would cos of the way they play as a team but that does not indicate that gold is the be all and end all for them, they win cos they fight bloody well and they act as one and not as a group of individuals

Take the gold away...they would have to work harder perhaps but yes, with their team ethos, they would win...maybe not quite so easily mind you

DeletedUser50502

Who knows?

It helps them, probably...would they win without it...yes I think they would cos of the way they play as a team but that does not indicate that gold is the be all and end all for them, they win cos they fight bloody well and they act as one and not as a group of individuals

Take the gold away...they would have to work harder perhaps but yes, with their team ethos, they would win...maybe not quite so easily mind you
I agree that EN are a strong hard working team, but tbh they would not be a top alliance without gold, none of the top alliances would be. JTT, the Basterds, would all be outside of the top 10 without gold Because everyone else would be using it. I am not a gold user so I know the struggle of playing grep without gold. You have people that spend a lot of money on this game that all come after me because they know I don't spent money on a computer game. It's ridiculous how people use gold on this game, and honestly I think Inno should make a no-gold world. It would show everybody the people that have SKILL instead of showing the people that have big wallets. But of course this can never happen, because money is all that matters...

DeletedUser37468

I agree that EN are a strong hard working team, but tbh they would not be a top alliance without gold, none of the top alliances would be. JTT, the Basterds, would all be outside of the top 10 without gold Because everyone else would be using it. I am not a gold user so I know the struggle of playing grep without gold. You have people that spend a lot of money on this game that all come after me because they know I don't spent money on a computer game. It's ridiculous how people use gold on this game, and honestly I think Inno should make a no-gold world. It would show everybody the people that have SKILL instead of showing the people that have big wallets. But of course this can never happen, because money is all that matters...

I use it for admin only and the occasional hurry up build of CS...99% of the time I do not use it...Ialysos ended with 109 cities out of a possible 155 city levels...gained due to defense with a bit of attack thrown in just to bug the hell out of them

I respect EN for what they are...and that is a highly effective team...gold...well its there if you or they wish to use it and no-one sticks a gun to anyone's head and forces you to use it...they choose to use it, I choose to only use it occasionally, you choose not to use it at all

Gold use does not guarantee success..helps, yes, but is not essential by any means

SlothTzu

Strategos
If JTT can take on EN Then why don't they? EN is favorite to win WW and will if nobody stands up to them. Also EN has been taking JTT cities left and right, and they haven't responded. I agree that some coalitions are bad, like the ones where 10 big alliances just work together to keep everyone else out to easily win WW *cough The Merge on sinope cough* because then it's no fun, but if two to three alliances work together to beat the favorite, it gets interesting because the top alliances have to decide who to side with or to not side with anyone. That's when the fun starts

That's where you're wrong, they are good enough to beat them, I fought a lot of JTT on Nysa, and I know a good few players in EN. They're more than a match. Players with that attitude towards coalitions are ruining the game. You have one city one Sinope, so I assume you don't seriously play there, but I do, and it stopped being fun as soon as the anti Coming Soon and Co. coalition was made.

DeletedUser50502

That's where you're wrong, they are good enough to beat them, I fought a lot of JTT on Nysa, and I know a good few players in EN. They're more than a match. Players with that attitude towards coalitions are ruining the game. You have one city one Sinope, so I assume you don't seriously play there, but I do, and it stopped being fun as soon as the anti Coming Soon and Co. coalition was made.

Yeah I don't play sinope, I just go on there sometimes to see what all the buzz is about. I know they are both strong teams and maybe JTT can stand up to them, but why don't they if they can? They haven't done ANYTHING to EN. Not one city has been taken, if Jtt are just going to let EN roll over them like a pancake then they are not really a match are they?

SlothTzu

Strategos
Yeah I don't play sinope, I just go on there sometimes to see what all the buzz is about. I know they are both strong teams and maybe JTT can stand up to them, but why don't they if they can? They haven't done ANYTHING to EN. Not one city has been taken, if Jtt are just going to let EN roll over them like a pancake then they are not really a match are they?

Like I said... they were fringe cities. You're gonna find it very difficult to hold a city in an enemy as aggressive as EN's home ocean when the rest of your cities are a while away.

DeletedUser42857

Is it.. I have conclusive evidence of the pact... cant say for sure who they will hit ... although I too heard AJ are on the menu

Yeh, nice try Prat, im sure AJ arent dumb enough to listen to your lame attempts to make them think they are about to get hit by impact.

Of course, you are just doing what you have to do, sow seeds in peoples heads, but really? If impact were going to hit AJ they should have done it weeks ago before they grew, good bunch of players. Or if they were going to hit AJ should have maintained nap with impact and both gone against AJ...

But nice try..

DeletedUser50502

How are impact doing? Shrefty left so I thought they were going to just be disbanded, but I guessed they are continuing. Who is their leader

DeletedUser42857

How are impact doing? Shrefty left so I thought they were going to just be disbanded, but I guessed they are continuing. Who is their leader

um...

CjVR4qn.png

DeletedUser39031

Yeh, nice try Prat, im sure AJ arent dumb enough to listen to your lame attempts to make them think they are about to get hit by impact.

Of course, you are just doing what you have to do, sow seeds in peoples heads, but really? If impact were going to hit AJ they should have done it weeks ago before they grew, good bunch of players. Or if they were going to hit AJ should have maintained nap with impact and both gone against AJ...

But nice try..
Think he means Inglorious Basterds mate, not Impact

DeletedUser50502

Anyway, back to wars: EN and Written In Blood's sister alliance Blood thirsty have been constantly attacking ROMAN EMPIRE. Could there be an agreement between EN and WIB? I have seen that they have both been going after similar alliances. Anybody have any info on this?

DeletedUser36743

it's just all for show ;)
On the other hand i hear JTT have pacted with IB and now both of them will most probable together hit average joes

your imagination is running wild over there.

Is it.. I have conclusive evidence of the pact... cant say for sure who they will hit ... although I too heard AJ are on the menu

But nice try..

Heya Dim.... I know how this may appear to you....

First... read my post again mate....I didnt say AJ were going to be hit by IMPACT... i said i heard they were going to be hit by JTT+IB combined... but didnt know for sure... it is what i heard...

In any case one of us will stand corrected pretty soon... and you can rest assured if it turns out that my info was bad... I will come on here and admit it... trust you can do the same

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser50502

AJ are going to be hit by JTT and IB? JTT is not very strong in AJ's core of ocean 44 so it'll be a little tougher for them, but IB I can imagine because they want to control 44 and AJ is their main competitor

DeletedUser42857

Heya Dim.... I know how this may appear to you....

First... read my post again mate....I didnt say AJ were going to be hit by IMPACT... i said i heard they were going to be hit by JTT+IB combined... but didnt know for sure... it is what i heard...

In any case one of us will stand corrected pretty soon... and you can rest assured if it turns out that my info was bad... I will come on here and admit it... trust you can do the same

If JTT were planning to hit AJ Ive a hunch I might know about it. you need better sources.

(Of course if JTT were planning to hit AJ they would hardly state so publicly)