Votes: 63 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Your a genious. I love the dionysus idea. Maybe having several hundred gods and having like 5 different gods in each world. The effects need to be equal though otherwise there will be complaining like "gamma has better gods then beta."

DeletedUser

Your a genious. I love the dionysus idea. Maybe having several hundred gods and having like 5 different gods in each world. The effects need to be equal though otherwise there will be complaining like "gamma has better gods then beta."
Nah i don't think this is a good idea. It will be unbalanced even if they try their best.. Except that it is also impossible cause they won't make different gods for each world..

DeletedUser

Athena any other thing

Athena

Athena is Zeus' daughter. She is the namesake and patron goddess for the city of Athens, nicknamed "The Invincible" and "The Indefatigable". In Greek mythology Athena is the goddess of war tactics and strategy, famous for fighting with the Greeks in the Trojan War.

In Grepolis Athena can call upon the mythical Centaur and Pegasus. The Centaur - half man, half horse - is a fast defensive unit, armed with a bow and arrow. Pegasus - a winged horse - is the child of Poseidon and Medusa. In Grepolis Pegasus is the fastest unit with a strong defensive ability.

If you are looking for a god to protect you from enemy earthquakes and lightning, Athena is just for you. With City Protection, your city cannot be affected by divine forces from other gods for 12 hours. Athena can also help scout enemy attacking parties before they arrive, and as a patron goddess can inspire 5 units to join your army. Athena can also help you in battle, by inspiring your army with heroism they fight 10% stronger.

Divine Forces
Patroness: The city receives 5 random units.
Wisdom: You receive an espionage report about an enemy incoming.
City Protection: The city can't be affected by any divine forces for 12 hours.
Heroic Power: Land units become 10% stronger in the next battle.
Mythical Units
Centaur
Pegasus

this is all wrong :mad:

Athena was a thinker she thought out every thing she should have more to do with the academy

gift of wisdom- get 10 RP (100-200 FP)
Learn from the gods - get a random teck(200-250 FP)

There should be a a bones building(like the light house) but it lets you worship minor gods and/or gave you 500 FP 1 time each month or something like that

DeletedUser

this is all wrong :mad:

Athena was a thinker she thought out every thing she should have more to do with the academy

gift of wisdom- get 10 RP (100-200 FP)
Learn from the gods - get a random teck(200-250 FP)

There should be a a bones building(like the light house) but it lets you worship minor gods and/or gave you 500 FP 1 time each month or something like that

Athena is born from Zeus and Metis. She is the protector of Athens- the Parthenon is basically the temple of Athena I believe- correct me if I am wrong. She actually battled with Poseidon (more like a contest) for the patroness of Athens. None of it is actually wrong. If you have taken an introduction to mythology, your prof will most likely teach you this. Also, if you just simply google Athena, similar result will show up (i.e. Wikipedia)

DeletedUser

you are right but like i said she was a thinker she should have more to do with teck so what are you saying is bad ? and/or wrong ?

DeletedUser

+1

I enjoy it but the main reason they likely only chose 4 gods to begin with is the balance issue.

It seems like you put a LOT of work into this proposal and I like some of the ideas, but it would take quite a bit of work tweaking things back and forth to be able to balance something like this.

DeletedUser

you are right but like i said she was a thinker she should have more to do with teck so what are you saying is bad ? and/or wrong ?

You just said I am correct and furthermore what I am saying is not wrong. She was known for her wisdom but she is better known for her other attributes such as war. She was especially known as the patron of Athens. Therefore, Athena's powers should not be focused on technology from academy. If you would like to have a God that is dedicated to technology, perhaps you should consider Apollo or Haephastus. One is known for prophecy, medicine and the like, while the other is known for invention and smiting- respectively.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Good ideas you got there, that's going to make it even harder to choose a god XD

DeletedUser

Athena is born from Zeus and Metis. She is the protector of Athens- the Parthenon is basically the temple of Athena I believe- correct me if I am wrong. She actually battled with Poseidon (more like a contest) for the patroness of Athens. None of it is actually wrong. If you have taken an introduction to mythology, your prof will most likely teach you this. Also, if you just simply google Athena, similar result will show up (i.e. Wikipedia)

Really? I thought Athena was born from Zeus when he had a terrible headache then Athena sprung from his head fully grown, although ancient myths contradicted each other all the time without even trying to explain the differences.

DeletedUser

ya she was born from his head and the contest was whos gift was better olives or a salt water spring lol

DeletedUser

is it me or does the guy doesn't state the amount of loot a mythical creature can do?

DeletedUser

I didn't include any minor myth unit details. the devs can make them up. the devs can actually change anything in this idea.

DeletedUser

Not to be a dick but your wrong on the amount of Olympian gods. There were 14. Though never were there more than 12 Olympians at one point there was some swapping of seats. Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Athena, Ares, Demeter, Apollo, Artemis, Hephaestus, Aphrodite, Hermes and Dionysus were the original twelve. Hestia and Dionysus were also Olympian gods at one point or another. This is a good idea though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i vote -1 to this idea. fix existing problems first then expand game.

DeletedUser2825

Your list of Gods is slightly incorrect as Hestia never held a throne on Mt.Olympus. Instead there was *Drum roll* Dionysus! I have made a thing for Dionysus:

Dionysus
Divine Powers

Wine Trade : Get an instant 1000 silver (25 favor)
Unfertile Land : Render a selected village's quarry, timber camp, silver mine useless for 5 hours ( 200 Favor)
Vines of Death : Kills 1/4 of an attacking force (400 Favor)
Paranoia: Lowers a village's mood by 50 ( 100 Favor)

Mythical Units

Satyr:
Please come up with some stats

Dryad:
Please come up with some stats

Hope Ive helped!

I have had a look at satrys and they do not look suitable... just no...

DeletedUser

Moved to development discussions. One week to discuss and refine. Please ensure that the first post is the correct version of the idea.

DeletedUser

EM, I didn't put this forward for development discussion.

I'll be making mock-ups next week...

DeletedUser

EM, I didn't put this forward for development discussion.

I'll be making mock-ups next week...

Oops, just double checked and it seems somebody else submitted it instead.

I'll leave it here, but I'll hold off the vote until you say so, if you need more than the 7 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.