Votes: 63 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser4062

The last part is a new idea, where does it specifically say that Hades is evil, What is your point about precious metals, and why can't some of the divine powers be similar? He had to think up 32 of them, and so what with the Griffin, again, he had to think up 16 creatures

I'm just telling. For me, it's better if the gods have different abilities. If we can. I'm not saying that similarities between the abilities are bad, I'm saying that I think it's better if the gods have different powers.

About Hades, It's the Death ability. I'm not saying that it should be replaced or something, it's just that Hades isn't really the one who brings death. Most people I know consider him evil as he rules over the dead, which might lead to the thought that he brings death and bringing death is evil.

About the griffins, on further research, I've seen that griffins are depicted in Greek mythology. No problem for that now. I've always seen them as some other European country's creature and not Greek.

For Hermes, his eagle is a bit off with all the mythological stuff. You could probably make it a satyr. Also, the twelve gods had no Hades in it, but it's better if he was. We could make it thirteen. Dionysus was left out. Or fourteen, if we care to add Demeter. Or just go with what's on the first post.

DeletedUser

As for griffins not being greek, the manicore is an indian myth imported to greek like the chimera and the griffin.

Manticore (Baricos in Greek) was an earthbound creature with a head of a man and a body of a lion. in other stories it has wings.

Medusa was a Aphrodite temple priestess who was cursed by aphrodite for making love on the her alter.

Pegasus a product of Poseidon and medusa.

the minotaur was the product of a poseidon trick on king minos.

there is no mention of sirens or mermaids or saytrs.
centaurs would be best connected to hera or apollo.
dyonisus would rule over saytars ( even though most mistake pan as the ruler).

the details are not clear all through.

DeletedUser2795

Well, this is better then the current Gods, if what you say is true

DeletedUser

I believe that there should be beginning gods. Once certain requirements are met, stronger more complex divinity be provided. endurance rewarded with power.
level 2 gods and so on, until the whole pantheon is present. The level 1 gods would have new available powers but no new units.
In games with out a foreseeable end, there needs to be an achievement incentive to keep the progress strong.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4062

Or! We could make minor gods. Choose a major god then choose 3 minor gods. Haha.

DeletedUser

actually i quite like the major and minor god idea.
There would be something 3 major god, once you choose the major god there will be 3 minor god to choose.

Major gods will give you the divine power but no units.
Minor gods will give you the mythical units but no divine power.

DeletedUser

the major and minor god concept would be an entire game rewrite. my suggestion was just an expansion.

DeletedUser

Yea, eclipse produced a good list of gods and abilities which would only require minor tweaking to become balanced if it was implemented. I don't agree with everyone else spamming stupid extra complications which don't actually add anything to the original idea.

DeletedUser

Minor gods and major gods will make the game too complicated, and will require a lot of scripting by the devs.

@ Eclipse: where is the replacements spell for Hera's Happiness?

DeletedUser

It's a good idea, but I think that all of those unique divine units will not only confuse the issue, but they will burden the game server with too many unit types to track.

There's a reason the number of gods were limited in the first place, and I'm guessing that it was to keep things simple for the developers. The more code you add to a server game, the more strain you put on the servers.

Lag, shutdowns, and player frustration must all be taken into consideration.

If it could be done without messing up the game, I think it would be really cool. It certainly doesn't appear to unbalance the game.

DeletedUser2795

Um... You still only have 4 gods per server, and each server acts pretty much independently, so no more then what currently must be dealt with

DeletedUser

Um...the original post doesn't say anything about 4 gods per server.

I wasn't about to read through 14 pages of mostly off-topic babble to find your point of reference either. Sorry.

DeletedUser

Who says it was off topic either?
Most was about improving this idea.
And supprisingly it doesn't say the max 4 thing per server,needs to be added..

DeletedUser2795

The basic idea is that the devs could possibly mix and match Gods in future worlds that are released to give players an array of options and keep the game interesting.
I interpreted this as meaning that you would only have 4 gods per world and they would be randomly chosen (mixed and matched) for each world

DeletedUser

I disagree with the Ares divine power "Cowardice"
"Cowardice" I believe is against everything the war god stands for, he stands for courage not Cowardice, so I suggest you change this one although everything else is brilliannt

DeletedUser

I disagree with the Ares divine power "Cowardice"
"Cowardice" I believe is against everything the war god stands for, he stands for courage not Cowardice, so I suggest you change this one although everything else is brilliannt

Accept Ares was a tyrant. And tyrants are in there hearts cowards (Alpharius excluded buddy ;))

this Idea is great. Just let's get voting.

DeletedUser

Homer's Ares was bloody and merciless and while god of war, was a coward who cried in pain and when wounded, runs away. Homer's interpretation of Ares is likely more for entertainment value than religious accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.